Kuala Lumpur

Actually, no - there are no stamps, so any information of that nature would be on the inbedded chip that the passport contains, and basically accessible only to bureaucrats: I have no idea how much the Thais can access, but the Thai who accepted my visa application in KL seemed to be unsure what to do when he could only find an exit stamp from Thailand. After he had a quick glance to see who was around, he seemed to decide to take the path of least resistance and leave it for immigration at Suwannaphoom to deal with.

Bottom Line: 'Clear as mud'

RAW.

You should of had your permission to stay stamp transferred to your new passport before you left the country (and at the time of transfer immigration would have make a note of old passport details in the new passport) and hence my previous question. Seems that you have somehow managed to leave Thailand without that being done, which was why the consular official was confused when you showed them your new passport showing only exit stamp - they were expecting to see both stamps.

were any documents required like return ticket out of Thailand and or prove of financial means??

Saw some reports here where they asked for those?

If so would a bank book from Thai account work?

Just the usual form, xeroxed passport pages and a couple of photos.

RAW.