Kanchanaburi Office Falling In Line With The Rest.

Went to my local immigration office (Kanchanaburi) today to apply for another one year extention based on marriage.

I have had one year extentions continuously since 1997 and have mentioned before on this forum that I have never had to provide maps or photos. That has now changed. Perhaps I've just been lucky in the past. When I mentioned the fact that they had never asked for these before so why now, they replied that although we know you are in a long standing stable relationship, it's Bangkok that are making us request these extra items.

They have given me the usual 30 day under consideration stamp and have said just to bring in the photos next monday.

Oh well! It was good while it lasted. :)

did they require you to provide a copy of your marriage registration at a local amphur district office in addition to your marriage certificate?

No they didn't. I had it and two copies with me (I've had this doc. ever since I got married) just in case they asked for it but did not "offer" it when I submitted the rest of my paperwork. Just the marriage certificate seemed to suffice.....this time round, anyway.

Did you provide them earlier (you mention always having)? Suspect they are only asking those that do not have in there files.

No, I've never showed it to them as they have never asked me for it. Actually I didn't realise that I had it myself until recently. When I read on this forum that some offices are now asking for it, I looked through my papers and found that I indeed had it. It must have been given to me when I registered my marriage back in 1996.

I've just returned from handing in some photos to immigration of our house and of myself and my wife. The officer said that the photos should be of us together. "Woah!" I replied. "On friday when I said that I don't think we have any recent ones of us in the same photo, you told me that as long as they are taken within the same house it would be OK. Now you've had a change of mind over the weekend? There are only the two of us living there. I've taken a photo of her and she has taken a photo of me. How do you expect us to have a photo taken of us together? Unless, of course, we can get one of our dogs to do it!" That got the officer laughing and she said "OK, OK as it's you and as long as your wife signs them, I'll except them". These were scanned copies of the original photos, by the way.

I do know this officer and even on occasions call her by her first name. So that may be why she cut me some slack.