Retirement In Thailand

Capealava

Came across this article. Thailand is not even mentioned and Malaysia is the only Asian Country mentioned. So why do so many of us retire or try to retire here. Maybe it is the female connection. I think not many retired faring couples choose Thailand to retire. Single men or men with a Thai wife would dominate that statistic. and of course the ease of obtaining proper visas may be a factor. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Retir...-to-retire.aspx

this index is south america biased and was done for the north american market.

the first four countries are in s. america and the rest countries from the region are there as well.

as you pointed - very few from asia, but there is thailand as well, a few spaces below Malaysia.

usually whoever orders and sponsors such index is at the top of the list.

for $1415/month for a couple in thailand I believe I would have a better life than in Cuenca in Equator.

not sure as well, why thailand scored half points what the rest of the other countries for climate (the second lowest after malaysia) - surely it's better than england, ireland

Edited by londonthai

[Came across this article. Thailand is not even mentioned and Malaysia is the only Asian Country mentioned. So why do so many of us retire or try to retire here. Maybe it is the female connection. I think not many retired faring couples choose Thailand to retire. Single men or men with a Thai wife would dominate that statistic. and of course the ease of obtaining proper visas may be a factor. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Retir...-to-retire.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thailand has got a mention---comes in at 65 points out of a possible 100---just below my home country :D --- not that I would take this survey as reason to pack my bags and move to Ecuador :)

Bucko