Bread Maker Machine

jobje3

Hi All,

Since I don't really like the breads that are being sold here in Chiang Mai/Thailand, I've been looking around for a bread maker to bake my own bread. I don't have an oven, so it seems like a good option. However, I've not been able to find a shop that are selling those machines. Does anyone have an idea?

The last topic that I've found on this matter is 3 years old, so there might be some new places by now. I've already tried Carrefour/Robinson.

Thanks a lot! :)

Edited by jobje3

Smaller one for 3,900 baht

http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=224

larger one currently out of stock for 6,300 baht

http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=514

you might want to check out this forum where they are discussing baking bread in Thailand

I tried to enter a URL for another Thailand forum that has a lot of info about baking bread in Thailand but TV automatically deletes it... I suppose you can PM me for info.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

The only two models available in LOS are the Hitachi and Severin. Both are krap....neighbor's severin went bad and service center couldn't fix and the same with the Hitachi I bought 9 months ago and it has been in BKK and back twice now and they can't fix it.

Check the current thread on the 'western food forum' for an easy to make no knead bread that I find superior to the machine bread......but don't buy the Hitachi or the Severin.

Not bragging but the best bread making machine I know of is my wife. She makes some of the best bread I have ever tasted.

Just today she made a few loafs of french bread.....She loves to give them away to my fellow condo neighbors.

Reason I posted is she does not need a michine, I centainly would.

How does a bread making machine work anyway, or how differant then a conventional oven?

Bread machines are self-contained appliances that mix the ingredients, knead the dough, attain proper temp… More

Introduction of the Ingredients

1. A bread maker, overall, does the exact same thing that someone making bread by hand would do. The obvious advantage is that it is all done for you without much effort or thought. The most important (and virtually only) step in how a bread maker works is the introduction of the ingredients into the bread maker. Bread making is more like a science experiment than cooking because if you don't put the exact right amount of a certain ingredient into the recipe, the whole thing won't work. Make sure you measure out the exact amount of flour, water, yeast, salt and any other ingredient before you put it into the bread maker to ensure it produces a satisfactory end product.

Mixing and Kneading

2. Once the ingredients are in, a program is selected for the bread maker to follow. Most bread makers come with a certain number of set programs that are available at the touch of a button. The timing may be slightly different, but they all follow the same basic series of commands, the first being mixing and kneading. The bread maker will start by mixing the ingredients with its dough hook for a short amount of time, probably around two minutes. It will then let the dough rest for ten to fifteen minutes to develop it's gluten, then the dough hook will begin turning again, this time kneading the dough. This will last for five or six minutes.

Rising

3. The thermostat in your bread machine will raise the temperature slightly around the dough in your machine, allowing the bread to rise for the appropriate amount of time. Once it is done rising, the machine will immediately go into baking mode.

Baking

4. After rising, the microchip that controls the thermostat in your bread maker will, once again, raise the temperature. This time, though, it will be baking your bread. Your bread will bake for the predetermined amount of time programmed by you, and when it is done baking, the machine will shut itself off. Your bread will be cooled and ready to eat in thirty minutes to an hour.

How a bread maker works

• 3 weeks later...

I've been doing a version of that for some months now and find it's the best bread I've had in LOS......so easy and clean-up is about the same as a breadmaker, almost nothing. For a simpler method, check the western food thread for http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Easy-Home-Bread-t308343.html and you will see a lot of info........one link I posted is a method [with photos] 'so simple a 4 yr old can make it'

Edited by jaideeguy