Favorite Crispy Duck Joint?

tvh13

ThaiMouse

crispy duck vs beijing duck?

are they the same?

i'd say.... 40 to 50 baht for a plate of crispy beijing duck is very very very inviting and unbelievable.... lol

or are they just.... duck.... duck and not really crispy beijing duck.... which comes with all the trimmings.... lol

no.... i'll opt for mock turkey for my thanksgiving instead.... lol

If you are in Bangkok try Chandphen Restaurant on Rama IV, just about opposite Lumpini Boxing Stadium - easy parking too.

You might also like to try their "Moo Han" - Suckling Pig with crispy skin (although possibly not in the same meal as the Duck unless you have a large group!

Patrick

If you are in Bangkok try Chandphen Restaurant on Rama IV, just about opposite Lumpini Boxing Stadium - easy parking too.

You might also like to try their "Moo Han" - Suckling Pig with crispy skin (although possibly not in the same meal as the Duck unless you have a large group!

Patrick

Hi Patrick:

I attended a wedding reception there a couple years back and wasn't overwhelmed by the Suckling Pig perhaps because by the time we got ours it was barely warm and starting to lose it's crispiness.

Patrick

Hi Patrick:

I attended a wedding reception there a couple years back and wasn't overwhelmed by the Suckling Pig perhaps because by the time we got ours it was barely warm and starting to lose it's crispiness.

I don't think you should compare food at a mass catered event with that in an "individualy ordered" situation.

Try the Suckling Pig there with a group of 4 or so, ordered fresh, I am sure you will see a huge differece.

The other advantage of this place is that you don't have to Order in advance - their turnover is such that they have both Peking Duck and Moo Han available to order on the spot.

By the way - and this is just my personal preference - don't have the meat of either the Duck or the Suckling Pig made up into another dish such as "Pat krathiem prick Thai" or whatever. In my experience these are always a huge letdown after the experience of the first "crispy skin" dish - best to just take the carcass home and give to the Maids or Driver etc..

Patrick

By the way - and this is just my personal preference - don't have the meat of either the Duck or the Suckling Pig made up into another dish such as "Pat krathiem prick Thai" or whatever. In my experience these are always a huge letdown after the experience of the first "crispy skin" dish - best to just take the carcass home and give to the Maids or Driver etc..

Patrick

-------

yes, i do agree with you completely and totally and absolutely.... that after the first course of crispy skin in the wrapper.... everything else is...."mai coy are-roi nuck...."

however, i do like the.... what you called it.... prick thai .... much better.... LOL

now i wasn't sure.... was this patrick's or p_brownstone's post.... the quote was under p_brownstone's name but at the bottom patrick appeared to have signed it.... ummmmm....

Edited by nakachalet

Patrick

Hi Patrick:

----------

in reference to MOO-HUN, the suckling pig with crispy skin.... i do want to challenge you to try TRANG's MOO-HUN

if you all think that MOO-HUN at chund-pen is very good.... you guys sure haven't traveled much in thailand.... LOL

MOO-HUN that they serve in trang--is absolutely and categorically the very best in the world....

yes, i ordered three crispy pigs and three cows, freshy roasted over open fire pit, for a funeral wake in trang.... LOL

MOO-HUN from trang is absolutely the best of the bests.... in spite of the fact that i am a lacto-ovo vegetarian.... lol

and if you stay with KRUA TUB-TIENG RESTAURANT AND RESORT ตรัวทับเที่ยง รีสอทร์, they will even serve you your special MOO-HUN in bed without any extra charge.... lol

post-75359-1259354003_thumb.jpg

post-75359-1259354042_thumb.jpg

Edited by nakachalet

Patrick

Hi Patrick:

----------

in reference to MOO-HUN, the suckling pig with crispy skin.... i do want to challenge you to try TRANG's MOO-HUN

if you all think that MOO-HUN at chund-pen is very good.... you guys sure haven't traveled much in thailand.... LOL

you can call up the world extreme--MR. JEFF CORWIN himself--and look at jeff appearing in trang, in the attached pix.

MOO-HUN that they serve in trang--is absolutely and categorically the very best in the world....

yes, i ordered three crispy pigs and three cows, freshy roasted over open fire pit, for a funeral wake in trang.... LOL

MOO-HUN from trang is absolutely the best of the bests.... in spite of the fact that i am a lacto-ovo vegetarian.... lol

and if you stay with KRUA TUB-TIENG RESTAURANT AND RESORT ตรัวทับเที่ยง รีสอทร์, they will even serve you your special MOO-HUN in bed without any extra charge.... lol

-----------

somehow the thaivisa lost my important attachment.... lol

if you doubt what i said.... you can ask MR. JEFF CORWIN himself, personally appearing in trang with his crew members.... investigating the facts.... lol THE BEST MOO-HUN, THE BEST SUCKLING PIG.... ARE THE ONES IN TRANG.... LOL

post-75359-1259355196_thumb.jpg

post-75359-1259355257_thumb.jpg

now i wasn't sure.... was this patrick's or p_brownstone's post.... the quote was under p_brownstone's name but at the bottom patrick appeared to have signed it.... ummmmm....

the "p" in "p_brownstone" stands for ............... Patrick

Patrick (or p_brownstone if you prefer me to be more formal :) )