Baiyoke in pattaya

OzzieMan

Well my friends now have their ticket’s to Thailand confirmed and are now looking to book reasonable accommodation.

Okay we have the Bangkok side tie up but as they keep asking me about Pattaya and I have never been there I need you expert help my friends

They have been advised to stay at the baiyoka. which they have been told is a good hotel at a reasonable price and right where the action is.

has any one stayed her and give me advise

On o this subject where is the action, from my maps it looks like its all around the southern end

Soi Post office down to

Pattaya land 1 2 & 3

DSoi Diamond

Your advice on this also

Now I here a lot of talk about Walking St,  but can not find it on a map of Pattaya i down loaded off the web

is it a part of Beach Street or what?

Well my friends now have their ticket’s to Thailand confirmed and are now looking to book reasonable accommodation.

Okay we have the Bangkok side tie up but as they keep asking me about Pattaya and I have never been there I need you expert help my friends

They have been advised to stay at the baiyoka. which they have been told is a good hotel at a reasonable price and right where the action is.

has any one stayed her and give me advise

On o this subject where is the action, from my maps it looks like its all around the southern end

Soi Post office down to

Pattaya land 1 2 & 3

DSoi Diamond

Your advice on this also

Now I here a lot of talk about Walking St,  but can not find it on a map of Pattaya i down loaded off the web

is it a part of Beach Street or what?

I know only Baiyoke Building in Bangkok, you can visit that website and you might find the way to the same branch Baiyoke, Pattaya. Pattaya is the nearest beach of Bangkok. If you like night life places, so Pattaya would be fun for  you.

Have a nice and safe vacation Ozzie :o

Kathe

BAIYOKE HOTEL 557 Moo10 Pratamnak Road

Its in a lively part alright , in deep south Pattaya.

Can't really go wrong there Oz.

In terms of where is the action I CAN help there.  :o

Walking Street is the semi pedestrianised part of the Beach Road. Head South , past Pattayland1/2 , past the Siren Bar etc , just carry on until you see the sign/banner.

Here is the busiest part of Pattaya sh1tloads of Bars , Gogo's etc.

The 2nd road , running parallel to Beach Road is fairly busy bar wise from the Central Pattay road onwards.

Heading North from Central Pattaya both the Beach and 2nd Roads have lively nightlife.

Soi2 has a massive bar complex on the 2nd road side.

Also Soi 6 has a lot of bars , short time speciality.

Soi Post Office/and Soi Yamato is very lively.

Soi 8 even More so.

Beer Gardens in Soi 7.

If you follow the Beach Road North , go straight over the Dolphin Roundabout you find yourself in Naklua , again sh1tloads of bars and such , with various bars on the side roads . This area caters more for the German and French clientel but is friendy enough.

The Southern part of pattaya , including Soi Diamond , Luck Start area is predominantly British , a bit much at times IMO.

Theres is also action on the 3rd Road , and Soi bukaow has some decent bars.

Jomtien , beyond South Pattaya has its own scene , fairly low key but still better than the West End on a Saturday night.

:D  B)  B)

Thankyou Kathe but I am not going myself just advice for Aussie friends commingover in Mid november, but after Chonabots description i thing I may have to travel down that way for the experience.

(Walking Street is the semi pedestrianised part of the Beach Road. Head South , past Pattayland1/2)

Okay my map shows South Pattaya Rd and the police booth so walking street starts somewhere there and heads south, do you know a web site that shows tis area?

(2nd road , running parallel to Beach Road is fairly busy bar wise from the Central Pattay road onwards)

are you talking from Central Pattaya rd ... South or north along 2nd rd.

So the question is has any one been to or stayed in this hotel

Oz , most maps of Pattaya are pretty basic , as its not a huge area , you could try Bangkoktonight and use the links there.

Probably won't be any better than the one you've seen tbh.

Walking street etc is literally a road about 1km long with bars etc either side , so I can't see what a map will tell you apart from what bars are where.

Where the Baiyoke is ( end of 2nd road south ) you just cut through one of the sois towards the Beach and you will be on Walking St.

One thing though regards the Baiyoke , it is in an area where quite a few arabs stay in , if that's not a problem then ok.

The guide books don't always tell you these things.

"2nd road , running parallel to Beach Road is fairly busy bar wise from the Central Pattaya road onwards)

are you talking from Central Pattaya rd ... South or north along 2nd rd?"

Central Pattaya road is...central , from South Pattaya head North , ie  come out of Baiyoke hotel and turn right , carry on.

Its a massive crossroads junction , once you go past it you are in Central Pattaya until about Soi 2 , then you are in North Pattaya , eventually you hit the Dolphin Roundabout where you can go straight over to Naklua , turn right towards the Bus terminal  or turn left to hit the beginning of the Beach road.

I haven't stayed in Baiyoke , but its near the action.

HTH

Chronic Bot

• 2 weeks later...

Info on the Baiyoke in Pat :D from the PLANET

Baiyoke Pattaya Hotel Pattaya All Pattaya Hotels

Hotel Rating:

Hotel Address: 557 Moo.10 Pratumnak Road, South Pattaya, Thailand

# of rooms : 136 rooms

The baiyoke pattaya hotel in Pattaya is in a central location within easy access to the beach and main shopping areas. The resort has earned a reputation as one of Asia's most exciting resorts with around-the-clock activities both under the sun and in the resort's exciting nightlife arena after the sun goes down. All rooms are spacious and are fully equipped either overlooking the sea or the hillside. The baiyoke pattaya hotel responds to all your needs with first class accommodation offering an intimate atmosphere and with helpful, hospitable service.

Air-conditioning

Telephone (IDD)

Mini-Bar

Television (Cable)

Conference Rooms

Safe Deposit Boxes

Restaurant

Shops

Massage B)

Swimming Pool B)

Baiyoke Pattaya Hotel Pattaya

Check In Date : November January February March April May June July August September October November December 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 2003 2003 2004

Room Type : Guest Room (Twin/double) Guest Room (Single) B)

Baiyoke Pattaya Hotel Pattaya Seen this room for a lower price? We'll beat it! [details]

Period Start Period End Room Type Regular Rate Our Special Rate Breakfast

Nov 01, 2003 Dec 19, 2003 Guest Room (Single) $30 $20 Yes Select Dates

Nov 01, 2003 Dec 19, 2003 Guest Room (Twin/double) $30 $20 Yes Select Dates

Dec 20, 2003 Jan 10, 2004 Guest Room (Single) $37 $25 Yes Select Dates

Dec 20, 2003 Jan 10, 2004 Guest Room (Twin/double) $37 $25 Yes Select Dates

Jan 11, 2004 Apr 30, 2004 Guest Room (Single) $30 $20 Yes Select Dates

Jan 11, 2004 Apr 30, 2004 Guest Room (Twin/double) $30 $20 Yes Select Dates

May 01, 2004 Oct 31, 2004 Guest Room (Single) $25 $17 Yes Select Dates

May 01, 2004 Oct 31, 2004 Guest Room (Twin/double) $25 $17 Yes Select Dates

Display Rate in AUD CAD EUR GBP JPY MYR NZD SEK SGD USD :o

http://www.planetholiday.com/ph-aspx-hotel...otelDisplay.htm

Not this time by the look of it. Might even be lucky if I get the chance to check out Pat over a weekend :D

Looks like khun wife and I will be heading up to Chang Rai and prob,stay in the ######s ...sorry Wang-cum hotel opposite the wee german bar on the main drag.

I havnt been "oop North" in over 10 years but want to check out my old mates GO GO bar which used to be in Jetyod rd near the Wat.

In the late 80s-early 90s there was about a dozen expat bars there but recon they have all died,had their last beer or retired to a 1 bedroom council flat in Hackney. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Chon...I did it.

Threw off the shackles of the Bangers smoke and hit the strip.Good con-dio weekend with a visit to the improving watering holes including some that I have have never frequented before down in Soi 7.(where the Queen Vic is located)

The skydivers bar was empty (wonder why)and the cheep internet cafe next door gone bust but had a few swallies in the "airborne" with a couple of old "good buddies"from the old special forces days. :D

I tried to make it to Taffs place in walking St (met him about a year ago) but my feet gave up the ghost and ended in soi diamond going round and round,and round and round.and round and...... B)

Although eventually ending up in an old after hours she-been (Jennifers-haunt-god she getting old )but the spirit may have been strong but the body <deleted>...sorry knackered so it was back for an early night with a 12 bt hamburger (family mart)and a couple of beer changs.

Life is a beech :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel rating in Pattaya here http://www.pattayapages.com/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=3

I would suggest Sabailodge Hotel Soi 2.

10 min from walking street wjth bathbus

2 min from the beach

1 min from BigC (big shopping/cinemas center)

In the center of the action (2nd road,soi2,soi3)

very quiet ,nice rooms and cheap (from 750 baths)

don't eat in the restaurant there are a lot of better ones all around (other side of the street,Chez Bernard soi2 and inside BigC