True Visions Free View

JimmyGreaves

Similar circumstances, bought new dish and decoder box. I have similar problem, my better half tells me that Truevisions has suspended all farang progammes from gold service for the time being. Might be lost in translation, she's technologically illiterate & I'm Thai illiterate, and I don't understand how the service works, eg why register in the first place and not just buy a card? Sorry no answer for you.

Similar circumstances, bought new dish and decoder box. I have similar problem, my better half tells me that Truevisions has suspended all farang progammes from gold service for the time being. Might be lost in translation, she's technologically illiterate & I'm Thai illiterate, and I don't understand how the service works, eg why register in the first place and not just buy a card? Sorry no answer for you.

Hi.

Just got back from 5 weeks work offshore. And found out that I only got the channels from the knowledge package. Even I signed up for a Gold package. Got the same story from my wife (problems with farang programmes)

After checking with True Visions, it seems like they will no longer give you the Gold or Platinum package without renting the dish and decoder box. I did the same as you, bought the lot, just 3 months ago.

Was told if I signed up for the rented package I could start viewing right away. Basically told them to f*#k off, because there is other options. It is going to be a cold day in hel_l before I use UBC/Truevisions again.

Maybe someone who can read Thai can bring some light to this problem. The Truevision / UBC call center was of no help.

They have the opinion that the Truelife Freeview Package is from another company ( no commissions I suppose) and will tell you, that only a Truevision package with a contract will provide you the 10th rerun of Everybody loves Raymond...

From the TrueLife flyer I understood it , that if you have a Truemove Sim you just simply dial *999*your 14digit smart card number*4xxxxx(your new package number according to page 3 of the flyer)*08xxxxxxxx(your True move Tel. number)#and dial. The costs will be deduct from truemove prepay credit.

I don`t have the package yet, I`m just in the process to buy one.

TrueLife Flyer:

post-31788-1259822606_thumb.jpg post-31788-1259822624_thumb.jpg post-31788-1259822636_thumb.jpg post-31788-1259822647_thumb.jpg

I called Truevision three times today, one agent hang up and the other two told me it would not be possible to watch any subscription package on the TrueLife Freeview package.

Of course they would be more then happy :) to sell me subscription for a minimum of 6 month with a rental decoder box.

Dealing with TrueVisions can be a mind numbing experience (on top of down right frustrating) sometimes. I have the Platinum package, got it originally with two set top boxes, turned one box in, was told the box deposit refund check (2,000 Baht) would be received within 45 days (didn't happen), visited the local service/payment center office one a month for four months asking where the refund was, was always given a sad story/just wait a little longer, got really PO'ed on about the fourth visit and was promised a credit on the next month's bill, and the credit fially occurred the following month. In my case, getting a set top box deposit refund/credit from Truevisions was very hard and took way too long. Guess my 2,000 Baht set top box deposit was too big of an amount for them to refund without numerous meetings and approvals.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Maybe someone who can read Thai can bring some light to this problem. The Truevision / UBC call center was of no help.

They have the opinion that the Truelife Freeview Package is from another company ( no commissions I suppose) and will tell you, that only a Truevision package with a contract will provide you the 10th rerun of Everybody loves Raymond...

From the TrueLife flyer I understood it , that if you have a Truemove Sim you just simply dial *999*your 14digit smart card number*4xxxxx(your new package number according to page 3 of the flyer)*08xxxxxxxx(your True move Tel. number)#and dial. The costs will be deduct from truemove prepay credit.

I don`t have the package yet, I`m just in the process to buy one.

TrueLife Flyer:

post-31788-1259822606_thumb.jpg post-31788-1259822624_thumb.jpg post-31788-1259822636_thumb.jpg post-31788-1259822647_thumb.jpg

I called Truevision three times today, one agent hang up and the other two told me it would not be possible to watch any subscription package on the TrueLife Freeview package.

Of course they would be more then happy :) to sell me subscription for a minimum of 6 month with a rental decoder box.

Very useful info. I myself last week bought the True Visions dish, decoder with Smartcard at Tesco-Lotus for Baht 2,900 (on the box it claimed 72 free channels), installed it, but could not get any channel at all, only the message that the smartcard was not matched to the decoder, and I needed to get the proper smartcard. Went to Tesco, and they could not help: "we only sell the stuff". The contact phone number given on the decoder box to call when having problems (02-725-2525), was no help either, only in Thai and unintelligble even to my wife. Then I took the decoder with smartcard to the local True Visions outlet, and they made it work by contacting "Bangkok". Took a few hours though, had to leave the decoder there and go back the next day to get it back. Now I am getting 37 free channels including True Film Asia, Lukthung, Travel Channel, Explore 1 plus the 16 DLTV channels. According to them I cannot upgrade with this equipment to any of the other plans like Knowledge, Silver or Gold. For that I would have to rent their equipment, even though the set I bought at Tesco had their logos all over it.

Wonder whether I can add True Movie Hits by having it charged to a True Move Sim card via 7-11?