Vibram Five Fingers Shoes

Torgo

I've been running in my VFF's (vibram five fingers) for about 3 years now and have to say they are truly amazing shoes. I've clocked up thousands of km's in them plus a few decent size races without any major problems. I'm a big fan of vff's, but I have friends who loath them. (Bit of a marmite kind of relationship)

Obviously, like any other shoe they wear through after a while. I'm on my second pair of KSO's and about to get my 3rd pair from Hong Kong in a few weeks. They don't sell them in BKK.

A good tip for you, If you're new to vff's / minimalist running or activities, i'd strongly recommend reading the guidelines to avoid any injuries, it takes time to get used to them. After 3 years, i'm still learning in mine! Aeromana has a very good point about them being slippery in the wet too.

They're a lot of fun and extremely liberating, but take time. It's also extremely amusing watching other peoples looks when they see these funny shoes on your feet... you'll get some odd looks ;)

Enjoy!

WL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hoping to wake up this thread. Has anyone found a source for Vibram's five finger shoes in Thailand, or another brand that makes barefoot style shoes?

Vibram Fivefingers are now available in Thailand, I think it was Siam Paragon I saw them in, and maybe Central Chidlom. Bonitas Cafe near Silom has the largest selection available though.

Adidas have a similar shoe but I've heard it is not as good, and fila have a four toed shoe.

If you are after a shoe that is minimalist and simulates barefoot running, you can get normal looking shoes like the New Balance minimus. These have very little cusioning. But if you are after a bare for walking/gym/fitness, then I think vibrams are what you will be after.

• 2 weeks later...

KSO is the way to go.

I didn't like my KSOs as much as I liked my Vibram Speed.

the Speed were much more comfortable and didn't move as much (wet or not) on the feet.. maybe due to the laces

I worn the speed for 3 years, had holes in the same places on both feet (under toe next to big toe) and the same happened on my KSO

maybe a little bit too much running on them at first.. now I just run barefoot and use them for driving around and going to town.

it's been a few days, I have just noticed that I have lost my last pair of KSO here in Cha-am.. washed them with a bunch of other clothes, went to hang the clothes outside the condo and I "now" remember putting them in a bicycle basket so I could handle my sheets better.. of course left them there and some genius probably threw them away

now, I am not too familiar with the places in and around Bangkok. so if anyone can give me some specifics on where would be the best place to go out of those mentionned before: Siam Paragon, Central Chidlom or Bonitas Cafe (I have never heard of either) then I might go for a little trip to bangkok and ask my young friend to help me get there (and back!) haha.

thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a wide range of Vibram 5 fingers in Century 21 today, one or two models up to 46.

Its on the ground or 1st floor at the back on the Left. Not cheap, but seemed to be authentic.

Asked about barefoot shoes in a few of the hand made shoe shops, but none could help. If anyone can give info about this, please do.

Thanks

It's not good for the knees in the long run if you are into serious runs. Check with season runners and they can tell u more

not good for the knees?

those were made to be as close as possible to the way humans are supposed to walk or run, which is barefoot.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai Visa does not condone discussion regarding of; where, and how much, to purchase 'knock off's'.

I have removed more posts from the topic.

The member who posted them, you have had your content edited with regards to knock off's in the past, and you seem intent on posting about this one store in Paragon; this more or less constitutes spamming which is not tolerated on this board.

Please cease or you may find your posting privileges revoked.

anyone know if the bangna and paragon have big sizes i.e bigger than 45 46, this is problem with shoes here, always small

Its a long way for me to go to paragon or bangna mnega mall probably equal time with traffic in this town. Would really appreciate knwoing

Hi guys,

this is a warning to anyone considering to order the FiveFingers in Sinpapore:

We have ordered them about 4 weeks ago and payed through our Paypal-account. The Singapore dealer Innovatez is very helpul and shipped already the very next day - unfortunately through Fedex...

After 10 days with the shoes already in Bangkok, status on Fedex was still "customs delay", so we've complained with Fedex. In the afternoon of that very day, they have sent us the invoice for customs, tax and Fedex fees which was in total 90 % of the order value!!!

We requested Fedex then to inform us why the invoice can be that high and it turned out, that they've calculated customs and other fees on basis US$ whereas the invoice was - of course - in Singapore Dollars.

Fedex promised then to send an updated invoice but nothing happened for another two weeks.

We now try with Innovatez that they call the shoes back to Singapore.

So, safe yourself the trouble: I can only highly recommend to rather book a cheap flight to Singapore and by the shoes there!

As I wrote, it's not the fault of Innovatez, they are really helpful - but with Fedex we feel like in the hand of criminals and there is nothig you can do.

Christian

Damn, that's a lot of money to pay to look like a total douchebag! tongue.png

Christian, I suggest you contact Head office in America - local offices around the world can often be unresponsive. And not just in Thailand. I am sorry you have to deal with the insult on this site.

Yes Paragan have big sizes, up to 46. Not in all styles, but quite a few.

I'm usually 47 with Vivobarefoot but 46 in Vibrams.

VivoBarefoot only go up to 45 in the other department store.

I have had terrible problems getting things sent with DHL and other carriers- the tax and fees are high. I usually have things shipped to someone in the US or UK and then have them sent by normal mail.

Ok, thanks for reply t8, some shoes come up smaller than others, i'm size 11 European, though often find myself in no such size situation.

oh and according to the missis the big feet thing is a myth ( not sure if she was just having a dig ?)

PS Bonitas don't have large sizes, which the shops actually do - though only a little.

The cheap copies were smaller than normal sizes, only one was actually large enough for me.

I'm a size 9.5 or 10 (US size) - Bonitas Cafe wouldnt have that size? And do they sell copies or originals there?