Aircondition On New Honda Only Blows Hot Air

You say a new Honda, but not the model ??

Could it be you have climate control ? if yes have you set it to the temperature you want ?

I have climate control and have set it on 21.5... on these colder morning then the heater comes on to bring the temperature up... If you have climate control and is set high then you will always get hot air.

Just a thought :)

anyone drives a civic and the remote control car breaks within the year? and they charge u 600 for the cover of the key of which u take to a person who duplicates keys for 500 baht and then you bring it back to honda and they charge u 350baht to sync the chip with the key?

hel_l even the honda logo on the steering wheel has faded off. the shock absorbers all gone..

seems like not much quality in honda anymore.

In my old Jazz I switched off the a/c by accident a couple of times. Must have to do with the button's position coupled with uncontrolled movements of mine. Anyways, took me a while to figure out what happened when it happened first.

I have had new hondas all my life except my first car which was a ford estate. I have never had any problems, jazz civic and accords are all built very well. Maybe it's the way you treat it! How can a badge on the steering wheel wear down in a year? A life time even.

anyone drives a civic and the remote control car breaks within the year? and they charge u 600 for the cover of the key of which u take to a person who duplicates keys for 500 baht and then you bring it back to honda and they charge u 350baht to sync the chip with the key?

hel_l even the honda logo on the steering wheel has faded off. the shock absorbers all gone..

seems like not much quality in honda anymore.

Edited by onnut

How can a badge on the steering wheel wear down in a year? A life time even.

I noticed this in my Civic as well. 2.5 years old.

onnut, maybe i ought to take a picture of it and show it to ya. hands are never on it for it to fade. still wondering how it happened. the broken key was the biggest mystery.

not saying I do not believe it but it is very strange that that would happen. its not like it would be rubbed everytime you drive. i have never noticed it but I will look at mine when I get in it tomorrow. its 1.5 years old.

How can a badge on the steering wheel wear down in a year? A life time even.

I noticed this in my Civic as well. 2.5 years old.

onnut, maybe i ought to take a picture of it and show it to ya. hands are never on it for it to fade. still wondering how it happened. the broken key was the biggest mystery.

It is a Honda city. About 6 month old. Just had it in for the 6month check up. They charged me about a 1000 baht but the bill was all in Thai so I really don't have any idea what they did to it. Probably changed the oil.

This problem ONLY occurs when the car is left in a very hot environment, like several hours in a hot parking garage with no ventilation or parked in the sun... otherwise, there is no trouble getting cold air... when it is left in a hot environment for a long time, then it will only blow hot air for as long as it takes me to drive home....

I am obviously not a car person. Thanks for any advice.

Edited by DazednConfused555

i had the same problem with my 2 months old civic previously. it is definitely not normal... i brought it in the first time that it happened and they managed to fix it for a while until the problem came back the second time, i kicked up a fuss the second time i brought it in and they changed the whole aircon to a brand new one. (they agreed as well that the old air-con unit had major issues)

My recommendation is bring it in and if the problem can't be fix, they will have to change to a brand new unit for you. FOC of course