I Know I Know, Everyone Says Bkk Is Borring But...

mxyz250newb

I am getting a bit bored doing things solo. Need to make some friends in bkk so if you are a man or woman and want to....

- talk about the world

- go skydiving

- go dirtbiking

- go racing

- go shoot some guns!

- go get coffee

- go play paintball

- go bowling

- go hunting

- go swimming

- go have a beer

- go get noodles

- go get curry

- go get sushi

- go to the gym

- go to the market

- go to the arcade

- go do something YOU think is cool!

- go crazy!

then shoot me a message because I am dying in my apt. of boredom, my gf is the only person I hang out with and its great, but she works lots :)

I dont care if you are thai or falang, its all good!

ok i've googled the crossbar, i'll have to come check it out

I'm not much of a bar-star... you see...the problem is, I bought a 4 pack of leo, and I am 75% done the first can and I feel buzzed and sick and heartburn.... now you know why i'm not always in pubs? :) when i said "have a beer" i meant 1 beer :D ahahah (for me atleast)

yah i can go crazy myself but its more fun with friends :D

Edited by mxyz250newb

I assume you are retired. Since you do not drink -well you need to be with people who do not hang in bars all day. (that's the easy way out anyway)

Swim everyday.

Find and read good books.

Take up a personal project-writing for example.

Start a small business with your wife or a member of your wife's family.

Go to the gym regularly-good for moods and endorphin production.

Must be ex-pat organizations around besides bars.

Join a bowling league.

Buy a bigger bike and go on group cross country trips.

Learn Thai cooking and cook meals for your wife-I am sure she is tired when she comes home-then going to the market alone will be fun.

HAVE A BABY !!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like your mate "WORK'S ALOT'!!!!!!! Most of what you want to do is just normal stuff with wife, G/F, partner. Ask your wife to work less (I know difficult)

I will soon be in the same situation as next year-so you got me thinking.

Anyway good luck. I will start making my list.

Come to the Crossbar and make yourself known. A lot of good guys and girls there we will make you feel LOVED.......

BT

In which district is the Crossbar? :) EDIT: Never mind, already googled it, in Sukhumvit.

And I dont think Bangkok is boring at all^^

Edited by Athlon

I don't know your beliefs or interests in this, but another alternative to the bar scene is Buddhism. I was lucky to find a group of Thai people who are more than happy to include me in their trips to different temples for meditation and the like. This opens you up to meeting monks who are happy to discuss Buddhism with you, which means you are meeting more people and learning something new.

Different strokes for different folks, but when I have free time, it's a nice way to spend a day.

Well personally I don't think BKK is borring but for whatever reason I think the city is just so grand that people get a bit overwhelmed with it.

I'm actually not retired, about 1/3 the way there though, but I am just on an extended vacation. I busted my butt working 3, yes 3 jobs for the last year to save up some dough.

Last year I visited another city's temple, and it was marvelous and I enjoyed myself alot more than the temples in bkk who just seemed a bit money hungry lol

I'm down for a game of squash, I just googled it because I was thinking it was the game with the plastic paddles and wiffle (waffle?) ball, boy was I wrong! Anyways if you don't mind teaching a total squash newb, I'd love to join ya.

i just read a thread about a guy who was looking for a wingman, wow everyone gave him some crap lol, thread got locked

anyways anyone else out there do any sporting activities? theres paintball / bb gun fields about 3 minutes from my apt on an army base, any takers?

i went there last year it was loads of fun

seems to be about 10,000 baht to go for a tandem jump, funny thing is last time I was in vegas I remember a tandem jump being around the equivilent of 8000 baht, and everyone says thailands the cheapest place to skydive??? lol 

hmm that paramotor sure seems like a lot more fun than 30 seconds of freefall, hmm wonder what prices are like

seems to be about 10,000 baht to go for a tandem jump, funny thing is last time I was in vegas I remember a tandem jump being around the equivilent of 8000 baht, and everyone says thailands the cheapest place to skydive??? lol 

hmm that paramotor sure seems like a lot more fun than 30 seconds of freefall, hmm wonder what prices are like

I think you have pay extra for the risk factor here. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think you have pay extra for the risk factor here. :)

c'mon James.. out of your shell now.. signed: hard to participate from canada( but there is a canucks game on tonight)

I don't know your beliefs or interests in this, but another alternative to the bar scene is Buddhism. I was lucky to find a group of Thai people who are more than happy to include me in their trips to different temples for meditation and the like. This opens you up to meeting monks who are happy to discuss Buddhism with you, which means you are meeting more people and learning something new.

Different strokes for different folks, but when I have free time, it's a nice way to spend a day.

this really is different. i know lots who say they here 4 buddha, but its all lipps service!

This topic winds me up. What a stupid thing to say "I know i know everyone says Bangkok is boring". It's not boring and in all the years i've lived here i've never heard anyone say that.

Best to start mixing in different circles