60 Day Extension To A Non-o

I currently have a single entry Non-O from KL based on having a Thai child, (I am not yet married to the mother). I am sure that I have read that you can get a ,(one off?), 60 day extension to your visa based on a child.

Three questions spring to mind;

Is it true, and if so is there a time limit? (my daughter was born in April this year)

How much would it cost

What paper work would I need to provide ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can, the cost is 1,900 baht. No time limit.

You would need to show the birth certificate naming you as the father. Taking the child and mother with you might help.

Having never been to Thai Immigration before, I am guessing that this would be at the new office in Chang Wattana area ?

(will def take er indoors and the little princess, will be a nice day out for us all :-)

Having never been to Thai Immigration before, I am guessing that this would be at the new office in Chang Wattana area ?

(will def take er indoors and the little princess, will be a nice day out for us all :-)

You will also need to take with you completed application form TM7, copies of passport pages and TM6 card + passport photo.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Police Order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Location details: Chaeng Wattana Immigration

You are aware that you need to legitimize the child if you want to become the legal father. (For the 60 day extension being named on the birth certificate will be enough).

See this topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Gain-Parenta...-M-t235443.html

I am named as the father on the birth certificate and the 'blue family book', so hopefully that is ok. But would rather not have to go to Si Sa Ket to get the extension as that is where the family registered the birth in the 'blue book'. I currently reside in Bankgok, (as mum and princess do to!)

You are aware that you need to legitimize the child if you want to become the legal father. (For the 60 day extension being named on the birth certificate will be enough).

I am named as the father on the birth certificate and the 'blue family book', so hopefully that is ok. But would rather not have to go to Si Sa Ket to get the extension as that is where the family registered the birth in the 'blue book'. I currently reside in Bankgok, (as mum and princess do to!)

Sorry, forgot to ask, is this a one off extension or can it be done more than once ?

Mario, while I did not register my daughter at the local (Si Sa Ket) amphur, I am named as the father in the 'blue book' does that make me the legal father ?

Don't know how immigration in bangkok will react to that. Hopefully you can extend in Bangkok.

The extension is one time, not back to back.

Being named on the birth certificate is not enough, you would have had to register the child in person at the amphur to become the legal father. You are not yet married to the mother, so I presume you will soon. When you marry the mother you will automatically legalize the child under Thai law.

It means curently you can get a 60 day extension, but can't get a 1 year extension. You might get a 1 year multiple non-O based on the child from KL if you can show 100,000 in the bank.