Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair

Kan Win

TAT Website

Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair

Date : 12 - 21 December 2009

Venue : Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Histirical Park, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya

Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya was once the glorious capital of Thailand. It was also a centre of trade and government, and possessed a long period of prosperity. Be amazed by the light-and-sound show, the exhibitions on Ayutthaya as a World Heritage Site, as well as the cultural performances. Having fun shopping for a variety of OTOP product is another activity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a hotel , walking distance to the light-and-sound show.

I have been to many light-and-sound show and this will be me first I hope in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya.

Sawadee :)

The festival takes place in the heritage park which is many acres of historical grounds with no hotels near. The nearest hotel would be the Ayutthaya hotel in the old city which would be walkable to the festival.There are guest houses nearby ,the best known being Tonys Place which offers budget accomodation.I have never stayed in either but I think you can find reviews on line.

The sound and light show is usually at the back of Wat Mahathat. I presume it'll be the same this year. As cleverD wrote, the closest hotel is the Ayothaya Hotel (note spelling). It's three star. I stayed there for a few weeks when I first moved to Ayutthaya. The food is pretty bad and the rooms are tired. Still, OK for a few nights. It's within easy walking distance of Wat Mahathat.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay at the Krung Sri River hotel - but you'd need to get a tuk-tuk or motorcycle taxi to the festival.

Incidentally, the sound and light show is all in Thai - but it's still spectacular even if you don't speak Thai.

The festival takes place in the heritage park which is many acres of historical grounds with no hotels near. The nearest hotel would be the Ayutthaya hotel in the old city which would be walkable to the festival.There are guest houses nearby ,the best known being Tonys Place which offers budget accomodation.I have never stayed in either but I think you can find reviews on line.
The sound and light show is usually at the back of Wat Mahathat. I presume it'll be the same this year. As cleverD wrote, the closest hotel is the Ayothaya Hotel (note spelling). It's three star. I stayed there for a few weeks when I first moved to Ayutthaya. The food is pretty bad and the rooms are tired. Still, OK for a few nights. It's within easy walking distance of Wat Mahathat.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay at the Krung Sri River hotel - but you'd need to get a tuk-tuk or motorcycle taxi to the festival.

Incidentally, the sound and light show is all in Thai - but it's still spectacular even if you don't speak Thai.

Thank you both 'cleverD' and 'AyG' for your replies :D

I have taken photos of a few shows (Light and Sound) so the "even if you don't speak Thai" does not come into my going there, but it is the spectacular shows that drives me there :D

Please have a look at the links below :D

http://www.pbase.com/win13/ls_kan

http://www.pbase.com/win13/suphan2008

Sawadee :)