Phuket In May - What Can I Expect?

westcoastnative

I am looking to come to Bangkok and then on to Phuket in mid May. This will be my first time in this country. I was looking at weather trends and it looks like it is very hot and rains about 16 inches in May. Is this true? I want to be at the beach during the day enjoying the sunshine, not stuck in my room waiting out a storm. Also, is the night life back to normal in Phuket. If it's dead I can pospone my trip a month or two.

Thanks All...

Edited by westcoastnative

I am looking to come to Bangkok and then on to Phuket in mid May. This will be my first time in this country. I was looking at weather trends and it looks like it is very hot and rains about 16 inches in May. Is this true? I want to be at the beach during the day enjoying the sunshine, not stuck in my room waiting out a storm. Also, is the night life back to normal in Phuket. If it's dead I can pospone my trip a month or two.

Thanks All...

The monsoon rains set in around mid-May and yep, it'll be hot here! However, you'll probably not spend so long waiting out a storm - they don't usually last so long and the air is cooler after too :D

The nightlife in Kata, Karon and Patong areas is thriving...even if it wasn't I'm not sure I'd use the word DEAD to describe it :o

Enjoy your trip! :D

• 2 weeks later...