Thai League Football On Tv?

Wentworth

Recently I've been thinking about how much I miss going to a game. I had a general view that it was just the Thai Premier League which have most teams from Bangkok and the south. I did a little research and it seems that the Thai league goes down as far as a 3rd tier, called the 2nd Regional Divisions. I live in the North and my local city are starting a new team for the 2010 season, which is great and will look to going along to support the lads.

As we are in the close season I realise there isn't too much info in the press. I'd be grateful if anyone knows if there is usually any coverage on TV or perhaps the Bangkok Post/Nation during the season or perhaps close season. Just to save time for people I have already looked at www.thaileaguefootball.com

I was waiting for someone else to step up :)

Thai Football is improving very fast. 72 provincial clubs play in the leagues, most of them have been formed in 2009 or 2010 and therefor are still sitting in Division 2. In the Premier League there are four provincial teams plus a couple of very well supported Bangkok teams. Division 1 has ten provincial teams, the rest play in Division 2.

Also many government and company clubs from Premier League and Div 1 have moved to provinces to build a supporter base - Chiang Mai, Saraburi, Rayong, Petchaburi, Buriram... and counting.

As for TV coverage, next year channel 9 are covering matches on Sundays. Siam Sport TV and some regional cable channels cover matches.

have you checked out the links - http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/index.ph...le&Id=84531

www.thaifootball.com forum may be helpful.

Edited by Nigbon