Help - Need A Post Office Tonight!

Rasseru

I have two small parcels that I need to send overseas by registered mail and have be dated - that is, date marked - today. I thought I knew of a post office that is open until midnight, but got there to find it closed. Is there any post office open in Chiangmai at this hour?

I think you may be out of luck. Mae Ping is open until 19:00 and the only P.O. open later is at the Airport until 20:00. Now there is a P.O. station at Anusarn Market but I tried to send a registered parcel from there one evening and they told me it was not possible. I don't know why they are open at night if they can't accept a registered parcel. I think Carrefour has a mini station too that is open at night but I've never tried to send anything from there.

My father was always trying to "game" the system on making payments at the last minute. One of his tricks was the alter the date on the postage meter for his small business and tell his creditor, "gee, I mailed it over a week ago. It must be delayed in the mail. You'll see when it finally arrives when I mailed it." Not ethical, nothing I'm proud of, but it seemed to work sometimes.