Just Got A 14th Place Of A Photo That I Submitted Out Of 100 Photos

Kan Win

Dear Kan,

Kan you believe the masters apprentice and I just sat down and went through the 12 shots that beat your photo & she reakons yours should of beaten at least 6 or 7 of those.

I noticed that 1st place was shot with a Nikon D90, so go the Nikon, perhaps I should of lent you our camera for your shoot :D:D kan you believe I just said that :D

Good work mate, kan you the man :)

Dear Kan,

Kan you believe the masters apprentice and I just sat down and went through the 12 shots that beat your photo & she reakons yours should of beaten at least 6 or 7 of those.

I noticed that 1st place was shot with a Nikon D90, so go the Nikon, perhaps I should of lent you our camera for your shoot :D:D kan you believe I just said that :D

Good work mate, kan you the man :)

Agree nice work..... :D

Wow...I thought it would have been a very tough choice...those were all some fantastic shots in the top 14. Oddly enough, the one I liked least was the winner! Too much parking lot!

Congratulations...you were in some heavy duty company.

Nice work Kan, lovely photos in there but I have to agree, yours beat the winner hands down, waay too much parking lot for me too.

His name's Win, he lives in Kan. :D

Thanks mate :)

nice shot;

Looked thru them and it seems all have been photshoped or the equivlant.

does no one use film and submit straight unlatered shots anymore?

I hvae a shot of Mysore Palce ( #2) that was shot back in 83, it looks the same!!!

Thank you.

submit straight unlatered shots anymore?

I do not have Photoshop only ACDSee pro 2.5 and all I did was to straighten the river bank and re-sized it as per their rules. Did not even use the RAW photo of it just the .jpg as I shoot with both on at the same time.

Sawadee :D

I would have to agree Kanwin's photo should have been much higher than 14th.

With people and cars in the parking lot of photo 1 this should not even have made the list

#8 at ISO 1600 is just way to grainy for a photo contest

I think the photos with multiple colors and reflections should have finished higher that single color photos which are easier to take

With people and cars in the parking lot of photo 1 this should not even have made the list

What ? so a photograph with people or cars on it shouldn't win the contest ? hmmmm didn't see that in the rules

#8 at ISO 1600 is just way to grainy for a photo contest

agreed, Robert Frank, Robert Capa, Anton Corbijn......all way to grainy...useless photographers !!??!!

I think the photos with multiple colors and reflections should have finished higher that single color photos which are easier to take

Agreed, if the photographer was standing on one leg, juggling burning blindfolded rabbits with one hand, taking the photograph with his left foot of course it would have been much more difficult to take and he should have won the World Press 3 years in a row.

I think what really took your photo over the top was the more subtle aspects, namely the odd objects sticking out of the water in the foreground gave it an eery feeling of war. The colors are wonderful and the lighting well balanced, just as well the view from down under rather than up above the bridge gives the bridge a grander feel. The smoke from the train, the little river huts far off in the background are clear, and the river bank orange lighting make it look alive like fire.