Bangkok - Angeles City

oyjnc

Does anyone know if any of the good low budget companies (Air Asia, Tiger, ... ), so not CEBU Pacific, will offer in the near future direct flights to Angeles City (Clark Airport).

Edited by oyjnc

Why not Cebu Pacific? Have you had a bad experience?

It's impossible to book Cebu Pacific online with a European Creditcard. Also the timescedule isn't that good.

I booked two times this year on the Cebu Pacific webiste and paid with a UK issued Visa card. No problem

No low cost airline has announced plans to fly BKK to Clark. Air Asia already fly to Clark from both Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu so often speculation that they might add a bangkok service but nothing announced. Tiger is based in Singapore - Bangkok to Clark service therefore highly unlikely

Never been. I heard it was a place for sex tourists. Very similar to Pattaya in that the sex scene was created by the USA GI's during Vietnam War.. Anyone that tells you they are going to Angeles City for weather and fine cuisine should get a chuckle from me.

It's a SIN city....along Field Avenue is whole stretch of girlie bars....and just a lane across it, can't remember the name, they call it the 'blow-job' lane.... :)

nothing else worth seeing.....

I don't know of any direct flights, but I was inspired to comment on Angeles City after reading all the negative stuff about the place in some of the Replies.

I was Stationed in Angeles City Philippines from 1989 to 1991 when Mt Pinatubo blew up. I lived in Santa Maria Sub Division by Didi's Pizza for that time.

Part of my job there was knowing the City and informing visiting guests about the area. For fanatical religious types you might think of yourself as "Holier than Thou" when you talk of Angeles City as "Sin City"

and YES the majority of people who go there DO go there for the Girls no doubt, and Angeles City IS very much like Pattaya, with a few exceptions, Pattaya has Beach, Angeles City does not,

Pilipinas are Christian or Catholic, the majority of Thai Girls are Buddhist, so you might find it more to your liking if you are Christian to visit Angeles City rather than Pattaya.

The Food is WAY different, Thai food is Way Better, Filipino Culture is more Spanish Influenced, so you have more Spanish Traditions like Fiestas, yet Filipinos are also Asian, so you have a Mix of Asian and Spanish Culture which you might find interesting. Filipinos are more like Westerners than Thais, and many of them can already speak more English than Thai girls, so if you are having problems with a Language Barrier maybe Angeles City is the place to go.

Now let me say a little bit about the PEOPLE of Angeles City for a moment; while I was stationed there I used to go to Manila many times to check out the Bars in Manila and one thing I noticed was how much more Down Home Angeles City is compared to Manila. Manila is more like Bangkok, Angeles City is more like Pattaya, but that also means the people in Angeles City are more Friendly, and Caring. There was a many a night I took a Girl home without paying any bar fine, there was a many a girl stayed with me without charging me and that is an Example of how they are. There was a many of Free Drinks given to me in Angeles City Bars, and several days I took about 15 girls to the Movies at one time, and didn't have to pay anything more than the Movie Tickets, That's how they are. While I lived there I used to keep a Notebook and write down who was going bar fine everynight and who was still there at the end of every night. By doing this I got to know that inside many of those Bars there are College Students and Virgins- YES! That's right I said VIRGINS! I know because I had one! You have to pay a little extra for a Virgin, but they are there. So for all you fanatical religious types I ask you; how "Sinful is a Virgin in your Book?"

And many (not all) of the Girls in the Bars in Angeles City look at the Bars like Dating Clubs. Their goal is to find someone who will marry them and take them away from there. So they do not consider themselves as Prostitutes even though YOU do. It is more YOUR mind which is Sinful than it is THEIRS.

Comparing what the Girls do for the guys in the Bars in Angeles City to the Girls in Tijuana Mexico for example, in Tijuana they are almost Strickly by the hour, they care NOTHING about the Customer and many times they just lay there like they are dead. In Angeles City they will go anywhere you want to go, the Movies, Dancing, Dinner, where-ever, and then at the end of the night they will screw your Brains out like they are trying to convince you to KEEP them, and stay with you all night and go out with you to breakfast. THEY CARE. Where many do not. THAT is the difference. So when you try to cheapen that by talking about how Sinful they are,

it's like talking about the difference between how the Crimes rates Rise during Christmas yet no one is offering to screw my brains out for a Christmas gift so how can you say Christianity is about Love?

It's the same thing.

Actions speak louder than Words.

And THAT is what I think you should judge Angeles City by.

But MY heart is actually in Pattaya now. :)

Sua*