Do I Have To Pay Customs For Goods From Ebay?

drprasannabhat

Sure --- go to Pantip Plaza and buy whatever "bootleg" software and DVD you want! Get stopped on the road for no license === pay THB500 to the police and no ticket! Ya no!

Hmmm........while we are on the subject of tax evasion:

1. I work for Thai company, and am paid in Thailand - can anyone recommend the best way for me to evade paying tax on my income?

2. I would like a cheap copy of Windows 7 - can anyone recommend the best way to download a free copy, via torrent, including a registration key?

Whilst neither of the above are true, it highlights an interesting dichotomy/inconsistency on TV, whereby discussion of certain types of illegal conduct seem to be tolerated, whilst discussion of other types of illegal conduct will cause a deletion of posts, or the shutting down of a thread :)

First, way to go resurrecting an old thread! Second, you missed the point of the post you quoted, which was to point out the "inconsistency" of allowing certain illegal behavior to be discussed on TV while other illegal behavior threads get closed and/or deleted.

Edited by CanInBKK

Sure --- go to Pantip Plaza and buy whatever "bootleg" software and DVD you want! Get stopped on the road for no license === pay THB500 to the police and no ticket! Ya no!

Hmmm........while we are on the subject of tax evasion:

1. I work for Thai company, and am paid in Thailand - can anyone recommend the best way for me to evade paying tax on my income?

2. I would like a cheap copy of Windows 7 - can anyone recommend the best way to download a free copy, via torrent, including a registration key?

Whilst neither of the above are true, it highlights an interesting dichotomy/inconsistency on TV, whereby discussion of certain types of illegal conduct seem to be tolerated, whilst discussion of other types of illegal conduct will cause a deletion of posts, or the shutting down of a thread :)

First, way to go resurrecting an old thread! Second, you missed the point of the post you quoted, which was to point out the "inconsistency" of allowing certain illegal behavior to be discussed on TV while other illegal behavior threads get closed and/or deleted.

I don't see how avoiding taxes is illegal. Its not if you can get arrested if someone sends you something and the tax office does not tax it. You have less chance of them taxing it if you send it by regular mail. I have received ton's of items and only a few were taxed.

It is illegal to edit invoices, but changing the mode of sending something so it might not be taxed is not illegal. You give them a chance to tax it they don't. It goes through their system.

Nowhere is it said you have to declare the taxes yourself, that is their job not yours. Would be different if it was your duty to declare it.

Note.. hiding invoices / editing them is fraud and illegal. Choosing an other mode of postage is not fraud.