Farang girls in thailand with partners?

sbk

Farang girls in thailand with partners?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

pantarei,

I was merely taking a parting shot at skywise. The stats were to draw a another reply from that particular poster. I realize there is no correlation between penis size and AIDS. Just trying to add fuel to the fire.

Don't be offended. If you are, so be it. I have to warn you that I'm just a figure of your imagination. :o

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supersuch,

I was not offended. Hopefully, my over-reaction did not offend you.

Actually, part of this thread is a riot. Men discussing penis size on the "Farang girls in Thailand" thread. As usual, the "girls' " posts made a lot more sense than the boys' posts. I suppose one can be more rational when one does not have to worry about one's penis size.

cheers

PR

Just to bring things back again...

I'm new to the list and as I'll be moving to Thailand in two months, I'm so glad that this forum exists.

I met a guy (he's Thai) when I was working in Thailand for a month last fall. We became quite close (though it was just a month that I was there, I realize: how close can you get?) and ever since, he has sent me all kinds of emails with all of the sweetest things that farang guys have never said to me. As I mentioned, I'll be moving to Thailand soon and he wants us to be together. I'm pretty savvy and like to think that I know a double-talking western guy when I meet one, but I'm not sure about how Thai men are. I hear all kinds of stories - both good and bad - about Thai men and I'm just not sure how to judge this man and his actions. He's also just stopped being a monk so he's never had a girlfriend before (BIG warning bells are going off on that one) so I'm not sure what might be double-talking and what is just because this is his first time out...

Phew! Good to get those concerns off my chest...ladies, any suggestions about warning signs or the like? The last thing I want to do is rush into anything (never done it and not about to start), but I think that this may be a good thing is he's legit.

Thanks!

Hi Moscow5, welcome to the farang girls section, hope you have fun moving to LOS, it's a fun place & once you'll settle in you'll wonder why you didn't move here sooner (well I hope so anyway!)

I'm pretty savvy and like to think that I know a double-talking western guy when I meet one, but I'm not sure about how Thai men are. I hear all kinds of stories - both good and bad - about Thai men and I'm just not sure how to judge this man and his actions.

Trust your judgment moscow5 & take it real slow, if you think he's bullsh*tting you then walk away but if he seems genuine then give it a go. Thai men aren't THAT different to farang guys although the communication can be a problem sometimes, general misunderstadings & frustrating minutes spent explaining something a farang would understand in a second, but all in all, can be really worth it.

Have fun with it & see how it goes with this guy, just take it slow, if he's just finished being a monk then you may have some problems with devout religious beliefs but don't forget who you are & be the same person here as you are in your own country. Make compromises with each other & go with the flow. I'm married to a thai guy (3 months already! :D ) & in the beginning we had a whole heapof problems but now it the best relationship I've ever had, one based on humour, mutual respect & love & it just keeps getting better. SOme relationships work & some don't but theres no reason to at least try. Good Luck.

Boo :o

moscow, how long was he a monk for? I mean, unless he started as a youngster it is highly unlikely that he has never had a girlfriend. I mean there are no hard and fast rules about becoming a monk. My husband became one while we were married. (and yes, it was kinda tough but thankfully only lasted a short while). His uncle was one for several months (this is the husband of his aunt). So, just because he has been a monk, doesn't preclude romantic/sexual activity prior to his ordination.

And I agree with Boo on this one, take it slow (ok, I didn't but I got lucky as all my farang girl friends with thai partners will attest). try to make your own friends outside the context of the relationship, this will give you a better judge of his character by comparing to others. and remember the cardinal rule: If you wouldn't put up with it from a guy from home, then don't put up with it here!!

good luck and hope to hear from you again.

moscow,

I would have to say that most Thai guys are genuine and are true to the words they express B) . What do you have to lose? Just your soul, right?? Ahhh, that precious inner self that we all treasure so very much. So much so we protect it by arming ourselves with inhibitions, doubt, sketicism, etc. Is love really worth it to dangle our very innocence over a pool of soul-eating sharks?

YES! I say, go for it. Put your guards down and let your soul dance, let it fluidly move with the sound of love, let it experience the sweetness of its' berries, and the sourness of its' limes. Let it grasp when it is frighten and let it jump for joy during the times of elation. Let it taste the bitterness of its' pain, and the sorrow of its' cries. Let it die and reborn again. Let it heal to not only what it once was, but even stronger and lovelier than what you would expect it to be! Let it learn to live, then experience it as it is living.

All, criminelly! Pardon for the word salad, ladies. I will suspend myself for four days now. :o

Katord kup. Pom ba, kup. :D

Thank you,

SS

mrentoul Posted on Wed 2003-12-10, 10:09:36

but now it the best relationship I've ever had, one based on humour, mutual respect & love & it just keeps getting better. 

Where could I get all of those? You lucky thing! 

There's a secret warehouse just outside Bangkok....you go in & pick one & if he doesn't work out you can just take him back & exchange. Oh, if only :o

Thanks so much everybody for your advice and encouragement...it always helps to hear from people who've been through something similar. Very good advice: don't put up w/crap here that you wouldn't put up w/at home [paraphrasing]...I'll be sure to remember it!

By all means, I'll be taking it slow w/the guy. He's been in a monastery (as a novice, then a monk) since he was 12, but I'm still a little leery about the whole thing because, as I mentioned, we spent a few weeks together (but he was a monk at the time) and now we communicate only through email. But, you never know how these things will turn out...it could be really nice!

I know that no matter what happens w/the guy, I'll be happy to be in new surroundings for a while, meeting new people and doing new things. Besides,

girls need adventure!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Take care

I hear all kinds of stories - both good and bad - about Thai men and I'm just not sure how to judge this man and his actions.

Hi comrade :oB)

As you said there are good and bad stories about thai men - in my case it wasn't a fairy tale ending :D . However, I'm not about to generalise about all thai men - there is good and bad everywhere. Actually, have had more western boyfriend's than thai ones and they're the ones who managed to break my heart B) . Give it a shot you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain (esp if it goes well) - remember you only live once, so make the most of it. Really wish you all the best, esp the fairy tale ending - merry xmas and happy new year B)

Hi guys,

I pick my words carefully when I speak out.I had western GF before and even if I broke up with her I still love her and I'm sure that I love her more than she loved me.I was the person to ask her finish ( It seems to u guys that Thai boy is bad ?).Well,we had relationship in thailand about six months and later she left for her country then long distance relationship occured.Since she left for her homeland,she had visited me twice within three year ( romantic??? ) but I still put up with this situation.So far the last visit I told her that we needed to do something in abid to stay together even if I had to resign work in thailand and leave to stay with her,if not she gotta resign her job and came to live with me in Thailand.She did not say anything so I told her further that I needed to go due to I could not put up with it anymore.What situation I could not put up with it,here we go;she didnt keep contacting constantly,she called me not more than 5 times within 3 yrs apart,3 emails a week,2 letters within 3 years ( romantic?? ).For my side,I emailed her nearly everyday and wrote her about 6 letters and phoned her more than she did ( she has her income more than mine about 15 times)

She said she still loved me but u know I can not put up with the person who loves me but do nothing for me.

Flug, frankly you are better off with someone who is committed to you. Sounds like you were her "thai boyfriend on holiday" , that you were more serious about her than she was about you. I have actually seen this before, so you are not alone.

Better luck next time, not all girls are here for short-term fun, and if you prefer a farang partner to a thai one then I suggest keep trying, there are nice girls out there who won't treat you so badly.

Hi ladies and gents! Back from my self-suspension. Thank you.

Since we are sharing heartbreak stories, here's mine:

I dated a girl in my sophomore year in college, who (IMO) was one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Both personally and physically striking. Her looks were similar to, I would say, Julia Roberts. With the long, curly, reddish-brown hair, tiny pointy nose, and hazel doe-like eyes. (I think that's the correct spelling for "small deer"). Any way, along with her beautiful face she caught many looks from other gents with her hour-glass body. She didn't have the Victoria Secret type body or anything, but who does, right? B) Every time she smiled I felt like fire-works went off. Every time she laughed, time stopped and people would try to listen in on what she was laughing about. Day or night, make-up or no make-up, or even when she was a little hung-over she had the smell of roses and the beauty of an orchid . She also had the uncanny ability to smooth my heart and mold it in every shape or form she desired. She was becoming my every dream...

but ended in a nightmare. :D She was fishing for a guppy at the time. And I was elected for the position. Or rather I took the bait. You see, she came off a heartbreak of her own and she needed a tempory fix on life. Did I know that she had broken up with her long-time boyfriend? Unfortunately, I did. But I took a chance and served my heart to her on a silver platter. After she marinated it with all her affection, herbs, and spices, she cooked it and chopped it up into little pieces and fed it to the pirrahnas. Needless to say, she went back to her boyfriend after our semester before the summer break. I knew something was up when I went to visit her in her home town and she was not anything like Julia Roberts, more like Robert Downey Jr. suffering from cocaine withdraw.

I went into a coma-like state after that. The only difference from the real coma was that I was coherent. I walked around like a zombie, searching for my soul only to find other soul-less people to hang out with. I did some things that I still today am ashamed off. Drugs, drugs, and more drugs. After getting high for some time I started to seek vengenance by treating woman like they were there to be used. No violence, just took their souls. But I started to realize that every heart I broke it became tougher for me to find love and tougher for me to forgive myself for the way I treated people who were only looking for love themselves. It's such a vicious cycle. Get hurt, then hurt others.

Nine years later, I still think about those days. But with a little more maturity and experience I come to my senses that the world is just not fair sometimes. Not all people are good, but there are more good than bad.

My heart was packed away for some time, but not too long I took it out, dust if off and peeled the bandage off the wound. I thought about being more protective of it, because what had happened was pretty painful. Then I thought, what's the point? What would be the point of living if I always had reservations on loving someone? I can't think of any. B)

All jimini-christmas, what a sappy story! :o

The reason I ask is because I wanted to see if there are differences in the women's taste compared to the men that talk about Thai women.  It seems like majority of the men here enjoy the physical attributes more so than anything else.

I will be on my way to Thailand soon.  I am Thai, but an American citizen. 

Visited the other topics on this site, but most are bar-hounds swapping stories about how they will contribute to spreading diseases and contracting them.  Not interested.  Found that the women on this board are more interested than the men in sharing information about living in Thailand than

I am not sure what thread you were referring to as I cant see one about short time or long time under any of the forums............

Lets make a guess on your next post..... Now Im in Thailand, would any of you nice ladies like a date as Im not a bar hound, never gone short time, I am Thai which is what you are looking for, but I speak American English so we can understand each other.................... wow you are a bigger suck than me!

I Think you miss spelt your name, it should of been Supersuck not Supersurch :o

I did have a fling with a caucasian woman once. Well, not a full-fleded fling, but none-the-less a little pow-wow.

Any way, in college I worked part-time as a waiter and my colleague (Asian, I think Laotian) asked me to go to the Christmas party with her. I thought what the ######, so off I went. My first date with an Asian woman. Needless to say, one drink led to another we ended up back at her place and started to fool around. Just as things heated up I started thinking how much this woman looked like my mother. I totally panicked and got up and took off. I don't think I even said good-bye. Couple of days later at work I couldn't find enough courage to tell her the truth on why I suddenly left, because I thought she would think I'm weird, so I said nothing to her. She felt slighted and she never talked to me again. That was the end of me dating Asian women in the states.

My mom is very pretty and her physical characteristics are very similar to the customary Asian woman. Maybe that's why I get freaked out. :o

I wonder if the Thai women there will find me attractive. Not just physically, but seeing that I am different culturally. And wheter I can stomach the attraction. :D

pow - wow - thats short time isnt it?

Sorry Princess Nat and the other ladies - This guy really does suck!

Thank you very much for the words,sbk! They cheered me up.You're probably right " I was her "thai boyfriend on holiday" but that's the way things go sometime,right?At the beginning,I was so much upset,confused as well as lonely.After work,I just went home quietly,stuck at home like a ghost and kept reading books til I felt sleep in order to give myself peace and try to erase painful which seemed not to heal but time actually was to heal me now I'm like going back where I started again and ready to move on!

I Think you miss spelt your name, it should of been Supersuck not Supersurch

Gent,

Not sure if you are trying to insult me or not, because I'm unable to comprehend your post. Maybe you could elaborate for me a little bit on what you meant to say. In any case, if you are flaming my messages, I say carry on my friend! It's such an attractive quality and you'll be sure to get a date. :o

Thank you,

SS

It's such an attractive quality and you'll be sure to get a date. :o

Thank you,

SS

married mate - dont need a date!

Your tripe of flaming all of the male members do you remember -"Visited the other topics on this site, but most are bar-hounds swapping stories about how they will contribute to spreading diseases and contracting them. "

I am interested to know where that was written supersuck!

you wrote it - back it up! :D

not a prob mrentoul - quickly realised he wasn't a marine biologist :D

hmmmm......I believe (from my extensive reserach- reading on here B) ) that it refers to a complex that farang women have (regarding their weight - or what other farang men think of their weight :o ). However, the most amazing thing is that one living here has no choice but to follow the protein (or atkins diet). Therefore, the majority of farang women here are not the typical beached whale types.

Farang women are not the only ones concerned about their weight.

Every Agony Aunt or Dear Doctor column in the Thai press contains at least one letter from some poor young thing worried about her weight.

Most want to lose it, but a few are concerned they are not heavy enough.

Occasionally I think about trying to rescue my looks (going to back say, 10 years when I was handsome and in my 20s) but my Thai friends say it is OK to look biggish because I have a big body (being farang), and anyway it's cute.

Thais like big bodies, because they look different. Some also see it as a sign of good living, and others associate it with the warmth they used to get from Mum and Dad at home.

However, the most amazing thing is that one living here has no choice but to follow the protein (or atkins diet).

I don't know this, but then I don't diet, other than trying to avoid beer. I don't think I'd do well on a western diet because I can't eat western food any more (too bland).

I have to agree with erco.I've lived here on and off(mostly on) since 1988 and have observed that western women with thai men are 9 times out of 10 unattractive by western standards.My Thai male business friends tell me it's usually a combination of money,curiosity,and statis.While the rich educated elite males would rarely be with a white girl( unless she's beautiful) the regular thai men get a sort of lift in social standing if there with a white girl,especially if she's just one of his many girls and is giving him lots of $ and he can brag to his buds.........I realize this observation may upset some of you unintentionally.................sorry

in my observation the farang men here with thai women, considered as 'attractive by western standards', are around one in a hundred...if so...

so girls, we are doing pretty well then, huh? :DB)B)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and gets stale pretty quick if not backed up by other qualities.

shemmy, never upset by your observations, just don't put them in a one-way street as in farang female - thai man... we all know people are being fooled by others around the world, just keep your eyes open and your senses alert! :o

Oh Come on girlies, the reason Thai men go with western women is money and an easy time, any woman living in the stickis is there because she has money and probably got it for a western marriage.

Who the ###### wants all that cellulite and beech whale syndorome.

You are kidding yourselves.

sooo booooring.... B)

Oh come on guy, I think you need a cheer up B)

anybody ever wondered why farang women never give any similar comments in threads about farang men/thai lady? I think we are just happy you aren't bothering us any longer and leave you alone .... not frustrated B)

just kidding myself :o:D

Don't know elfe, maybe they just don't read the whole thread, I say it again boys, Didn't your momma teach you manners? If you don't have anything positive to contribute go play somewhere else. Your ridiculous observations based on the few farang women/thai men sightings that you have had are really unwelcome. And just as a BTW, my husband comes from a very well-to-do family that has no need of my money, and out of my farang female friends with Thai husbands most are married to men who have quite a bit of money and none of it comes from their wives! So, I suggest before you make uneducated generalizations you learn a bit more about the subject.

Boys, you have done this "ugly farang women" thing to death.

Enough is enough!

Occasionally I think about trying to rescue my looks (going to back say, 10 years when I was handsome and in my 20s) but my Thai friends say it is OK to look biggish because I have a big body (being farang), and anyway it's cute.

beauty is only skin deep B) and love handles are given that name for a reason :D

I've noticed the size of my children generally corresponds to their wealth. Generally it's the tubby ones that get picked up in the expensive cars, have the latest children's things (Nemo stuff), and wear big gold necklaces and rings. Actually, I should do a study on it - my hypothesis could be "it is hypothesised that the tubbier a child is, the wealthier their family is" (not sure if I'd get ethics approval though :oB) )

ps just in case I'm attacked for my spelling in the previous posts - it was due to blurred vision and fatigue from marking B)