Valuair Bkk - Perth 10000 Baht Return

sezzo

Just surfing around and came across an advert for Valuair from Singapore. On delving deeper it seems that it is a new privately owned singaporean based carrier. They only service Bangkok, Jakarta, Hong Kong and Perth. On reading their specials/promotion page they have an airfare for aust expats to Perth return for 1000 baht. This applies for flights up to 31 May 05. This seems almost too good to be true. $500 return to Perth.

Has anybody used this airline or heard what their service/facilities/aircraft are like?

Thanks for the tip.

PER-BKK-PER is A$680+++

Great fare, (10,000 Baht+++) for a visa renewal BKK-PER-BKK

I wonder how much the taxes and extra charges are! :o

If you want their newsletter, you have to give them your passport number and full address....... HUH? :D

I think the original quote was for Bkk-Per Bkk....with a ticket purchased in Thailand.

always cheaper than a Per-Bkk-Per ticket bought in Oz

Hi Burnsie, read my post again.

I know, Oldtimer's Disease :o

I did and it read the same as the first time... :D

I was making reference to other posts.... :D

• 5 months later...

Valuair have announced they're ceasing flights to Perth from Singapore starting late Oct. Maybe something to do with the buyout by JetStar Asia (Qantas)?

They plan to increase on other asian routes such as Bali. (recent events may affect this)

Yes - Valuair are dropping Perth from their services to concentrate on other more lucrative regional routes.

More convenient to use Thai on a BKK-PER routing anyway instead of having to change flights in SIN.

Convienient yes, but the pricing was somewhat different.

Convienient yes, but the pricing was somewhat different.

Not really - Thai often has a very cheap e-ticket promotion which includes Perth. Price for a V or W class ticket THB13,800 plus taxes, coming to around 18,300 baht total.

That's the same or just slightly less than a Valuair ticket.

Normal discount economy fares are around 22,000 baht with TG -around USD$100 more than valuair.

Anyway - its all academic now, as they are stopping the route.... :o