Subway Sandwiches

dcjp

I'm very open minded about food. I eat just about everything. I'd have to be dying of starvation to eat at Subway. Why on earth would you want to eat Subway in Thailand? There are millions of people who would just about kill to get their hands on some real Thai cuisine, even the simplest of preparations.

The fact that Subway has flourished is proof to me that the world is in serious decline.

I am sorry, but every time someone comes up with this argument about why eat farang food when you can eat Thai food, I get a tad annoyed. The fact is, I eat Thai food regularly. But, after 20 years in Thailand, its nice to eat farang food. So, please, just because you are newbie enough to think you must eat Thai food every meal, don't assume that the rest of us are as well, cheers.

That said, I don't know that I would make a trip out of my way to hit the Subway next time I am in Samui.

Now, Angela's cheesecake is a different story altogether :)

I am sorry, but every time someone comes up with this argument about why eat farang food when you can eat Thai food, I get a tad annoyed. The fact is, I eat Thai food regularly. But, after 20 years in Thailand, its nice to eat farang food. So, please, just because you are newbie enough to think you must eat Thai food every meal, don't assume that the rest of us are as well, cheers.

That said, I don't know that I would make a trip out of my way to hit the Subway next time I am in Samui.

Now, Angela's cheesecake is a different story altogether :)

I'll second that. Why do some people seem to arrive here and think it wrong to indulge in a bit of westen food. When i lived in Egland it was;nt considered wrong to go out for the odd curry, Chinese,Italien etc I just on't understand the mindset. I love Thai food BTW :D

There is a 69 baht special of the day, six-incher. It is a cheap, reasonably healthy addition to the usual cast of culinary characters on the island. McCardboard is too heavy and expensive.

I can't understand why anyone could object to the taste of a Subway sandwich -- it's just a sandwich with very basic ingredients. There's no tripe or coagulated pig's blood in it like some Thai dishes.

I'd give a pass to Subway or Angela's anything. Both inferior and overpriced, IMHO. And I'm not a fan of ring-road-side dining either. :)

So please tell us what do you eat, that is not inferior or over priced ? You must be a terrific cook. A salad roll inferior? To what? Angela's anything? Well that sounds more like sour grapes then anything else.

I'd give a pass to Subway or Angela's anything. Both inferior and overpriced, IMHO. And I'm not a fan of ring-road-side dining either. :)

So please tell us what do you eat, that is not inferior or over priced ? You must be a terrific cook. A salad roll inferior? To what? Angela's anything? Well that sounds more like sour grapes then anything else.

Maybe BBQueen is anorexic!! :D

Maybe BBQueen is anorexic!! :D

Or only eat 99 baht BBQ. :D

Edited by PoorSucker

There is a 69 baht special of the day, six-incher. It is a cheap, reasonably healthy addition to the usual cast of culinary characters on the island. McCardboard is too heavy and expensive.

I can't understand why anyone could object to the taste of a Subway sandwich -- it's just a sandwich with very basic ingredients. There's no tripe or coagulated pig's blood in it like some Thai dishes.

69 baht specials.

Monday - Chicken Teriyaki. :)

Tuesday - B.L.T

Wednesday - Sliced chicken chilli. :D

Thursday - Tuna. :D

Friday - Sliced chicken & ham.

Saturday - Pizza sub.

Sunday - Sliced chicken.