White Lisence Plates Can Be Made Everywhere?

farangkeenok

Recently purchased a new car, waiting for the white plates to arrive. Finance says already done, dealer says they don't have them.

Question is this: can lisence plates be made at some shops all over the country? or is there a local office that makes and distributes them?

I am looking to request them accdording to the blue book and pay all taxes and attach them myselve.

I live in province but bought the car in Bangkok.

Anyone know this is possible to do so i dont need to travel to Bangkok just to get the plates?

Cheers

The origional registration plates which are the ones you want are manufactured by the government and will be sent to the transport office where your vehicle was registered for your or the dealers collection , so it's a trip i think unless you can get the dealer to send them to you.

Hi bikers. I lost my original number plate (The fender rusted out and the bracket fell off with the plate. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement plate. The bike has just been checked and tax and insurance paid (December 2009).

I know I can go to the MV registration office and get a replcement plate but as I know the number can't I simply get one made locally in BKK?

Help!

Geoff

If it's not an official government-issued plate, they can fine you pretty hard... Those have a circular logo embossed on the plate (next to the province name)...

If you're expecting to have to drive for a while without one of your license plates, best to go to the police station and report it lost, then the paper they give you should be good for 90 days. If you don't have that, the cops will officially fine you 1000B on the spot, happened to me before, very unpleasant :)

I have lost the one somewhere in Koh Chang doing Offroad with the pick up :D:D ,wifey dealed with the bank who finance our car...they did care about renews plates directly with registered office in Bkk,send new plates pair to home by post ,got a spare one now i keep it preciously! as it seems to be an hassle!!

waited 6 -7months indeed! :)

wanted to arrest me ~30 times but too late...it was the rear one :D