Police Seize Bt500m Drugs Stash In Bangkok Sting Operation

george

Police seize Bt500m drugs stash in Bangkok sting operation

BANGKOK: -- Police have seized a large lot of narcotics, including 1.98million amphetamine tables, worth in more than Bt500 million, and arrested two dealers who had connection with muchwanted druglord Wei Hsueh Kang in a sting operation on Tuesday.

The first lot of the drugs seized is 100,000 amphetamine tablets that Arthit saeThao and Kuang Yung Chao agreed to sell to an undercover agent for Bt9.5 million in a handover at Fashion Island Plaza mall in northern Bangkok. After their arrests, police seized the remaining tablets at the latter's home, along with 32 KG of Ice flakes (crystal meth) and 3.5 KG of heroin.

Pol Lt General Atithep Panjamanont, commander of police's Narcotics Suppression Bureau, said Kuang had a direct access to deal drugs with a Burmese man identified as Ha, who is based in Tha Khi Lek area in Burma across from Chiang Rai province. Ha is a key subdealer of fugitive druglord Wei Hsueh Kan.

Police confiscated three mobile phones and a passenger car both suspects had used, and charged them with having possession illegal narcotics in intent to sell. No details are available about their confession or denial to the charges.

The officer said this lot of drugs had been hidden with several freights of fruits and oranges sent to Bangkok from Chiang Rai, and that Kuang's home had been used as a storage site for narcotics for distribution in Bangkok.

Police are seeking out subagents who deal drugs with the two suspects.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thuagsuban, who attended a press conference yesterday, praised police for their action and predicted greater drug abuse in the next year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-12-31

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

"After their arrests, police seized the remaining tablets at the latter's home, along with 32 KG of Ice flakes (crystal meth) and 3.5 KG of heroin."

what a fool to keep that much stuff at his house - looks like they were too confident in their work. Worth to be checked not only their dealers but also who were they paying for protection.

well done police job - discos, clubs, pubs and treets will be cleaner for the New year parties and for the next few months

Insane amounts of drugs. Let alone to keep in your own home.

What idiots, I guess their pay-offs were too small.

Good to see this off the streets, we can hope it STAYS off the streets,

especially that Ice. Makes people total nutjobs and extra violent.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thuagsuban, who attended a press conference yesterday, praised police for their action and predicted greater drug abuse in the next year.

Greater drug abuse in the next year???????? Some thanks that was???????

Well done Thai police... :D how much... :D

Now what will happen... :):D:D slap on the wrist?

Edited by dman961

]Greater drug abuse in the next year???????

My guess is that something was garbled in translation. :)

"After their arrests, police seized the remaining tablets at the latter's home, along with 32 KG of Ice flakes (crystal meth) and 3.5 KG of heroin."

what a fool to keep that much stuff at his house - looks like they were too confident in their work. Worth to be checked not only their dealers but also who were they paying for protection.

well done police job - discos, clubs, pubs and treets will be cleaner for the New year parties and for the next few months

I think the schools and universities need a mention as well here londonthai.

Now that is a serious drug bust. :thumbsup::clap2:

Don't get too excited, it is only a fraction of the total quantity of illegal narcotics circulating within the borders and after you account for the political and media exaggerations its even smaller.

Now that is a serious drug bust. :):D

Don't get too excited, it is only a fraction of the total quantity of illegal narcotics circulating within the borders and after you account for the political and media exaggerations its even smaller.

Sad but too true.... Up by Fang, Mae Ai, and Chai Prakhan districts, the private (yes, as far as I know ONLY the private schools) schools had independent testers come in to the cafeterias and snack shops to test the food and drinks served. And yes, there was some drugs put in the students food and drinks to "wean" them on to the meth (ya baa). That bust is only the tip of the iceberg (definitely no pun intended).

Brilliant,hopefuly that is a sizeable chunk off the streets.

For once, I'll say "well done to Bangkok's finest"

"Bangkok's finest"?, I really hope your referring to the food or women, etc. because I have no idea how you could possibly confuse the lazy, underfunded, undereducated, corrupt ass, brown shirts as the finest! It really restores confidence in me when a guy comes up to me with a full auto and more gold than Chinatown, You think that gold was a Christmas bonus from the department.

Edited by lucasan

Now that is a serious drug bust. :):D

Ofcourse there's always more drugs in circulation than the police can get their hands on but within the quantities that get confiscated this was one of the larger quantities so in that respect it was a serious bust I guess.

• 1 month later...

Finest? <deleted>! Once in a lifetime they seize a reasonable shipment, through an undercover sting, not exactly the French Connection?

Do you honestly believe that ALL the drugs seized went to the Police Station? Nice little 'earner' for the 'finest'

However credit where credit is due, and I am happy that it is off the streets, but really its not like they arrested anyone of significance!

Finest? <deleted>! Once in a lifetime they seize a reasonable shipment, through an undercover sting, not exactly the French Connection?

Do you honestly believe that ALL the drugs seized went to the Police Station? Nice little 'earner' for the 'finest'

However credit where credit is due, and I am happy that it is off the streets, but really its not like they arrested anyone of significance!

I'm not one to defend the Thai police, but do you have any evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that drugs from this seizure are turned back out on the streets for personal profit?

I'm not one to defend the Thai police, but do you have any evidence whatsoever to support your assertion that drugs from this seizure are turned back out on the streets for personal profit?

It's just the usual Thai police bash for no reason.

The first lot of the drugs seized is 100,000 amphetamine tablets that Arthit saeThao and Kuang Yung Chao agreed to sell to an undercover agent for Bt9.5 million in a handover at Fashion Island Plaza mall in northern Bangkok.

Uhuh, right next door...