Honda Phantom Ta 200

billd766

I have a 2005 Honda Phantom and have tried to get an owners manual in English and eventually joined the Singapore Bikers forum and the Phantom Knights group who downloaded a manual in English for me.

It is not perfect but I have found it very useful so I have posted a copy here should anyone want it.

Cheers

billd766

Honda_owners_manual.pdf

Hi Billz

I printed mine out in A4 odd pages first then back to back with the even pages.

Very boring it was too.

However I did find out that the tyre pressure should be 29 front and raer and NOT 40 and 45 and I went over to Khampaeng Phet Honda yesterday and got the reae shock absorbers adjusted up to number 5 (cos I'm fat).

Putting an original saddle instead of the "pimped" one plus the suspension adjustment makes for a more comfortable ride.

Happy new year to you all.

• 4 weeks later...

A great find, thanks Bill. I have sent that link to a couple of buds with 200's.

NOW, has anyone had success finding an owners manual for the 150cc Phantom. Mine is 10 yrs with 65 on the clock, in great shape and I likely will keep it forever as a town bike. The 200 is a slug compared to my two-stoke which easily cruises at 120 and has great acceleration. I will be interested to see if they actually do produce a 250cc this year.

biggrin.gif

A great find, thanks Bill. I have sent that link to a couple of buds with 200's.

NOW, has anyone had success finding an owners manual for the 150cc Phantom. Mine is 10 yrs with 65 on the clock, in great shape and I likely will keep it forever as a town bike. The 200 is a slug compared to my two-stoke which easily cruises at 120 and has great acceleration. I will be interested to see if they actually do produce a 250cc this year.

biggrin.gif

The place I found it was inside this forum about bikes in Singapore under a sub group called Phantom Knights.

I hope that it helps.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forum...sprune=&f=1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you so much for this. Just brought a very good condition 8 year old Phantom 200 with little mileage on the clock and by the condition it looks genuine mileage too. Did not get a user manual and my friend who has a Phantom 200 only has a Thai user manual so he will appreciate a printed copy of this too which I shall do for him.

Hmm I am fat also weighing 105 Kgs so what is this adjustment to the suspension I may need? Will have to look in this manual once it has finished printing (double sided as the other poster above). But I do have the original comfy seat at least. A truly fantastic bike and just the right size and power for what I need.

Thank you so much for this. Just brought a very good condition 8 year old Phantom 200 with little mileage on the clock and by the condition it looks genuine mileage too. Did not get a user manual and my friend who has a Phantom 200 only has a Thai user manual so he will appreciate a printed copy of this too which I shall do for him.

Hmm I am fat also weighing 105 Kgs so what is this adjustment to the suspension I may need? Will have to look in this manual once it has finished printing (double sided as the other poster above). But I do have the original comfy seat at least. A truly fantastic bike and just the right size and power for what I need.

I am now creeping back up again to around 115kg.

On the bottom of each rear suspension there is a small metal tab which sits in a selection of semi circles of varying depths probably labeled from 1 to 6.

You need a C pin spanner of the correct size to turn the adjuster.

The highest setting is #6 which is the hardest and is where fat old farangs like me have it set. My local Honda place had the spanner and charged me 30 baht I think.

I went to Bangkok on Tuesday and back on Wednesday about 800 km round trip and averages about 25 km/l with the throttle wide open most of the way where I could.

I just wish it had a 250cc V twin motor ans slightly higher gearing.

Thanks very much! Just found this....

I've owned my Phantom from new. It's now 4 years and 27,000 Km old. It's been used daily and generally has both me and a pillion on board - maybe time to adjust that rear suspension... Wish I'd had this translation of the Owners Manual sooner.

I particularly like the advice about engine oil. Makes me relieved that I've taken to an oil change every 2000 Km.

:D

The Phantom is a great little bike. I love mine to bits and will probably never part with it. Bought a Kawasaki Versys a month ago but the Phantom still 'rocks' and still does most of my daily trips.

Best Regards

P

Mine is now close to 29,000 km and is a daily runner but I know I can climb on it and go 400 or 500 km at a reasonable speed and it will get me there with no fuss or bother.

I bought it at the back end of June last year and I was the 4th owner.

Between the other 3 owners they had managed to ride a total of 5,5xx km in 3 1/2 years and I don't think they ever did much apart from take it out now and again then wash and polish it so that it looked pretty. Mine gets washed every so often but mostly it is there to ride and have fun on.

• 4 months later...

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A WORKSHOP MANUAL FOR THE HONDA PHANTOM T200

Try going to this forum as they are usually very helpful.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/27-SingaporeBikes%E2%80%A2Phantom-Knights

Or this one

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/244355-Phantom-TA200-How-to-DIY-Guide%28with-Pics%29-Updated!-13-12-09

PS All capital letters in the text is considered to be shouting and not polite to use. Form me it is no problem.

Cheers

Edited by billd766

Ahh, good to see the Phantom still going strong. Mine is nigh indestructible and runs like new again after a valve adjustment. The cam chain tensioner which the Phantom Knights say "is the weak point of the engine" lasts way more than 30,000kms, perhaps thanks to my use of synthetic oil (some tensioners use oil pressure to work...)

Added a DIY windshield and a GPS-based HUD last weekend.

However I will be intending to replace the Phantom with a 2011 CBR150R when it's released here.

• 8 months later...

Thank you, BillD,

I've got the '05 Phantom as well and tossed the owner's manual

at the dealership when I noticed it was ALL in Thai. Been looking

for an English language version for more than 6 year.

You did a good turn for your fellow Phantom owners. (I'm still thrilled

with the bike, BTW.)

Cheers

PaulD