Any Idea About A 2nd Hand Shop In Bkk Which Would Buy An Almost New Lcd Monitor?

nicolas18

Hi guys,

Due to some (unforeseen) medical problems, I am in dire need of cash right now and I'm trying to sell a 23" Acer HD monitor bought three weeks ago (with receipt and box).

I put an ad on Thaivisa Classifieds but so far, I havent had any replies.

Link to the ad

Since this is an urgent matter, does anyone here know of a computer shop in the BKK area which would buy a used monitor? I know most shops at Pantip now only buy complete PC sets and refuse or give a very low price for used computer parts.

So, does anyone have a good address?

Thanks!

Edited by nicolas18

Your advert says 3 months ago and your post says 3 years ago ! You might want to check that.

That aside, how much was it new ? If I needed one, I'd not really be willing to pay more than a thousand or so and probably not two thousand, though the receipt helps.

I can't see a shop giving you more than 25% to 50% of which they could sell it for and that would probably give you Bt500/1000.

Sorry it was 3 weeks ago actually

Im a bit tired.... Also, it was bought for 5000THB

:)

Your advert says 3 months ago and your post says 3 years ago ! You might want to check that.

That aside, how much was it new ? If I needed one, I'd not really be willing to pay more than a thousand or so and probably not two thousand, though the receipt helps.

I can't see a shop giving you more than 25% to 50% of which they could sell it for and that would probably give you Bt500/1000.

Edited by nicolas18

As it is only 3 weeks old, is there anything you can think of to take it back, presuming perfect condition ? Now I know Thai shops and all those excuses but I have taken things back for a refund to BigC, Tesco and Carrefour. Computer stuff is different but this is perhaps your best bet. As an excuse, change of mind is not good enough, doesn't work with your other equipment might work or you may have to be more creative !

If you paid 5k, you'll never get 4k and you'll be lucky to get 2k and might only be offered 1k if anything. I'd be creative and take it back to Tesco.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have already tried that with the help of a friend who works at Tesco. Unfortunately, they did agree to take it back but only in exchange for buying something else of a similar value, which of course wouldnt solve my cash problem...

dam_n... Well, thanks again for the advice. I guess I'll wait to see if someone wants to buy it from one of the ads I put online...

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have already tried that with the help of a friend who works at Tesco. Unfortunately, they did agree to take it back but only in exchange for buying something else of a similar value, which of course wouldnt solve my cash problem...

dam_n... Well, thanks again for the advice. I guess I'll wait to see if someone wants to buy it from one of the ads I put online...

Nick.......The number you listed goes unanswered! :)

far too expensive....

If new 5000 Baht why someone should pay 4000 for a second hand one.

Try 2000 Baht.

If it's genuinly only 1 month old and the current market price is still 5000 THB why would somebody not be willing to pay between 3000-4000 THB?? which is 20-40% off from the current market price.

OP should make clear that:

• the monitor is in perfect condition (that he already stated in the thaivisa ad)
  • it comes with the original Tesco receipt (already mentioned here in this post), and state exact date and price on the receipt
  • mention the product warranty for this Acer model (3 years?)

Of course he is in the bad situation that he needs to sell quickly, and that he wants people to come for pickup.

Surely he will not get anything close to 4000 THB from a commercial 2nd hand reseller, but for a private sell 4000THB is a valid starting offer IMHO.

Unfortunately I'm not anywahere near Bangkok...

welo