Thailand best country for investments

Better investment, higher employment

Halal food investors may shift from KL

Witchayan Boonchote

A senior investment promotion official predicts better investment and 10,000 more jobs in the South later this year.

Chamras Sriprasom, director of Southern Investment Economics Centre 1, said investment in the South declined by 50% in the first half of this year.

But he added that it was likely to rebound from the third quarter of this year.

Investment would improve as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meetings in Bangkok were likely to have a good impact on investment.

``In the eyes of foreign investors, Thailand is the best country for investment in the Asean region, second to China. Investors are still keen on China for its cheap labour and more open market,'' Mr Chamras said.

Investments in 14 southern provinces the past nine months were worth 3.08 billion baht, with 13 fewer projects than last year.

But the employment rate rose by 35% with 9,221 Thais getting jobs.

Another 10,000 more workers would be hired by the end of this year in the South.

Mr Chamras also believed that after Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Muhamad stepped down, more investors, especially halal food investors, would move from Malaysia to Thailand, which could act as their gateway to Burma, Vietnam and China.

He was confident the South would become a regional centre for rubber, since it had more potential than Indonesia and Vietnam for exploitation of its labour and raw materials.

--Bangkok Post 2003-10-26

Yes!  The Thai economy is booming!  The Thai stock market is up more than 100%, year to date.

If you're interested in the Thai Stock Market, you can invest in some of the best-performing Blue Chip companies listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), without a lot of paperwork, broker fees, currency conversions, and other headaches?  Simply log onto to your USA or UK online stock trading service (or call your broker) and check out Thai Fund (symbol: TTF).

The Thai Fund is an Exchange-traded fund which trades actively on the New York Stock Exchange, hence it features high liquidity: you can move your money in and out rapidly at anytime during NYSE market hours (930pm to 4am BKK time).  TTF is managed by Morgan Stanley Investment Management ( http://www.morganstanley.com), a highly respected US/International investment banking firm established in 1935, as well as MFC Asset Management, the Thai-based management company.  

Shares in TTF are a well-diversified investment in many of the best Thai stocks including: Thai Airways, Bangkok Bank, Siam Bank, Krung Thai Bank, National Petrochemical, Siam Cement, Land and House PCL, Asian Property Development, UBC Broadcasting, Siam Makro, PTT Exploration, Advanced Info Service, Shin Corp., and many other blue chip Thai companies.  Instead of paying $$$ in broker commissions many times over, just one broker fee to buy shares in TTF gets you diversified into all these companies (and more).

At about $9 per share, TTF is on a steady UP trend, consistent with (and somewhat better than) the Thai stock market.  In fact, the gain is greater than 150%, year to date!  Most analysts indicate that this strong performance will continue based on the strong and growing Thai economy.

So save yourself the hassle and expense of thai brokerage accounts, currency conversions, and multiple broker commissions.  Buy Thai (TTF) !

you can check this out at any stock site or Morningstar.com: http://quicktake.morningstar.com/CEF....n=quote

Chokedee !

Sorry to offend your Board, Butterfly, I'm not spamming.  Others expressed interest in investing in the Thai stock market, but were wary of the thai brokerages ( with good reason?).  I'm just sharing my favorable investment experiences with TTF.  

I'm not selling TTF shares, I continue to buy more on pullbacks.

I appreciate your efforts to down-talk the stock.  Today, TTF opened lower and I was able to pick up more shares at a discount.  Keep up the good work!

Sorry to offend your Board, Butterfly, I'm not spamming.  Others expressed interest in investing in the Thai stock market, but were wary of the thai brokerages ( with good reason?).  I'm just sharing my favorable investment experiences with TTF.  

I'm not selling TTF shares, I continue to buy more on pullbacks.

I appreciate your efforts to down-talk the stock.  Today, TTF opened lower and I was able to pick up more shares at a discount.  Keep up the good work!

It's not my board, and I am glad to see other people sharing their investing experience here. But what would someone "brag" about a fund publicly and have others benefit from such a tip ? above all when the "others" are anonymous, not a group of people you know. Kind of strange, isn't it ?

I don't share my "winners" with anyone else, because I want to "exploit" the stock without the trading "noises" originating from the opportunists or clueless investors. See my point ?

[i don't share my "winners" with anyone else, because I want to "exploit" the stock without the trading "noises" originating from the opportunists or clueless investors. See my point ?

]

Maipenrai... you go on about your exploitations, and we won't make any more noises.