Thaivisa Launches Thailand Weather Forecast Site

george

Thaivisa launches Thailand weather forecast site

thaivisa.gif

Today Sunday we are soft launching "Thaivisa weather". This site gives you advanced weather forecasts for every province in Thailand, including all reporting weather stations in the provinces.

Here it is: Thailand weather forecasts: http://weather.thaivisa.com

Check out the weather in your city and Bookmark it!

All your feedback is welcome! :)

Nice layout for the day parts. As one who has lived many years in the USA severe weather states of Florida (hurricane / typhoon) and Oklahoma (tornado and wind sheer) let's see what happens when the heavy weather and monsoon starts to come in...

As a retired USAF meteorologist and a current weatherman in MO, I plan on moving to Thailand next

summer. I already visited Thailand in December and fine weather in the dry season I did find. I keep an

eye on the weather everyday over there using a variety of info from different sources. You may not be

able to divulge the source of your info and graphics but I'm curious. And as jazzbo said and is clearly

evident from the forecasts I've witnesses during the monsoon season, things get a little more dicey.

Forecasts tend to become nowcasts. :) That is the nature of the beast with thunderstorms. Hit and miss.

Oops, have you seen my water buffalo floating by? :D But I will give this a look and see how it does.

I more interested in the Nakhon Nayok area. Someone there I know. :D

Any chance of adding in islands (Koh Chang, Samet, Tao) Always nice to check the weather before you book your weekend away

Some of these places doesn't have a weather station that we can use. Looking into it for you though!

Everything is nice, but I am not sure how accurate is the forecast for the next days in Bangkok. The other source predicts some isolated showers for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, or 4th, 5th and 6th. It would've been great if you update the factual temperature from hour to hour and daily archive data for the highest / lowest temperatures and the amount of rainfall.

Congratulations, TV,

A very nice addition to the site !

We are very happy to see the predictions on your pages are not the same as those on WeatherUnderground which we've been using to monitor Chiang Mai weather, and whose current weather reports and predictions are often "way off."

best, ~o:37;

In no way making an attempt at being critical , because this is a much needed service for many , however , using local forecasters , how accurate will the forecasting be ? and how long range ?

We are NOT using local forecasters. Please study the results from your area, and you will be surprised!

Any chance of adding in islands (Koh Chang, Samet, Tao) Always nice to check the weather before you book your weekend away

Not really works for the islands.

It's a hit or miss.

For Samui it states rain today but the sun is shinning.

What it really mean is a 30 min shower once per day this time of year.

'george' date='2010-01-03 13:56:52' post='3241248']

dumball' post='3241217' date='2010-01-03 13:39:32']In no way making an attempt at being critical , because this is a much needed service for many , however , using local forecasters , how accurate will the forecasting be ? and how long range

We are NOT using local forecasters. Please study the results from your area, and you will be surprised!

Thank you for the clarification George .

Not really works for the islands.

It's a hit or miss.

For Samui it states rain today but the sun is shinning.

What it really mean is a 30 min shower once per day this time of year.

Update....

Had our daily shower between 14.30 and 14.45.

Clear skies coming from east.

• 2 weeks later...
Update:

The weather site now shows current weather conditions as well as a 5-6 day forecast. The page layout has been improved as well as the site just went from BETA to real production.

http://weather.thaivisa.com

Looking forward to your feedback :)

In addition, Ubuntu Linux can put a little icon on my panel to display the sky as well as the current temperature in Rayong in farenheit or celsius 26CL

Last Update: Sat Jan 16 / 15:30

Conditions: Mist

Sky: Broken clouds

Temperature: 26.0C

Feels like: 26.0C

Dew Point 24.0C

Relative Humidity: 89%

Wind: North / 4.0 knots

Pressure: 1017.15 hPa

Visibility 4,0 km

Sunrise: 23:39

Sunset: 11:07

and this can be on the desktop, updated every 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 etc. minutes in centigrade, kelvin or fahrenheit, knots, mph or kmh, as you prefer for:

Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, Hat Yai, Hua Hin, Khon Khaen, Lampang, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Phrae, Phuket, Ranong,m Surat Thani, Trang, Ubon Ratchathani, and Udon Thani,

as well as Rayong where we've just had about the coolest day I can remember ever.

I hope this might help with the weather accuracy, although Linux doesn't give me forecasts just yet, but only tells me if I am sweating more than I should be given the current temp and humidity. I can see now that by the report, I have not caught a chill from the shrimp at the Camel Pub tonight - it's just very cold for Rayong tonight.