Two Bank Accounts

Does anyone know is it ok to have two bank accounts with the same bank. I already have a saving account and an atm card with my bank. I would like to open another one with the same bank in bangkok without an atm card so I cannot touch the money.

No problem at all. I have several accounts with Bangkok Bank. Two in my "Main Branch" in Bangkok and one in Pattaya

It will be especially easy if you are an existing customer with active account over 6 months old. All of your information will be on file.

may i ask why you want to do this (opening a seconf account without an ATM card)?

Is it because you don't trust Thai ATM cards and you have heard to many stories of "withdrawals" by crooks?

I am asking because I am planning to do just the same (it is easy to do) - but somehow I still cannot quite imagine that this weird behaviour - opening a second account without ATM card - is necessary to keep my money safely.

Anyone has better ideas??

may i ask why you want to do this (opening a seconf account without an ATM card)?

Is it because you don't trust Thai ATM cards and you have heard to many stories of "withdrawals" by crooks?

I am asking because I am planning to do just the same (it is easy to do) - but somehow I still cannot quite imagine that this weird behaviour - opening a second account without ATM card - is necessary to keep my money safely.

Anyone has better ideas??

I just think it's safer, considering how advanced crooks are nowadays, with ATM fraud and hacking abilities. :o

I have a couple of accounts that have an ATM card, internet banking, automatic credit card payments, etc. (whatever service is available these days), and an account that does not use any of these services whatsoever. I try to save most of my cash in this account to minimize risk (as well as to keep it away from the biggest thief of 'em all, MYSELF! :D)

Edited by siamesekitty

Does anyone know is it ok to have two bank accounts with the same bank. I already have a saving account and an atm card with my bank. I would like to open another one with the same bank in bangkok without an atm card so I cannot touch the money.

Good idea to have two bankaccounts. I have three. :o

I used to have them at the same bank until my bank decided to move around the money between accounts when i was negative on one of them. Easy solution, three account on three different banks. Now i have complete control. The biggest thief is always the bank, but unfortunately you can't do without them.

Good idea to have two bankaccounts. I have three. :D

I used to have them at the same bank until my bank decided to move around the money between accounts when i was negative on one of them. Easy solution, three account on three different banks. Now i have complete control. The biggest thief is always the bank, but unfortunately you can't do without them.

Surely if you were negative you were the thief... unless it was arranged of course... either way you look at it , it was their money...!! :o

totster :D

:o

With the biggest thief in my case i mean they took money from my savings account while my investment account went negative after a transaction. It was a covered position so they had no right to transfer the money. I lost quite a bit of money on that and the result was they lost a customer. I was told it was a requirement from the stock market and that was not true. Still have to wait for compensation as this case is still not finished. Now i have 3 seperate accounts, so this will never happen again. It is ok when i lose money on my own stupidity :D but i don't accept losing money because someone elses stupidty especially from a bank.