Sunrise Tacos On Soi 12

Tod Daniels

Anyone know the what happened to Sunrise Tacos on Soi 12 last nite?

When I walked by this morning it was surrounded by yellow Police tape. Inside the windows and floor were covered with smoke and debris.

I can only surmise they had a fire, but I saw no one to ask about it.

Usually Greg (the owner) who lives on Soi 12 is out and about, but today I didn't see him.

Just curious is all (and as I'm not a cat, curiosity in and of itself usually isn't fatal).. :)

Modz: if you feel this is a better topic for the Restaurant/Food forum, feel free to move it. :D

It got a little hot inside on Tuesday morning when a fryer caught on fire. Fortunately nobody was hurt. We are temporary closed today and should be ready to reopen for business tomorrow on Wednesday.

Please visit our other two branches:

1. Emporium 5th Floor, New Food Hall or

2. Siam Paragon, Ground Floor, before Super Market Entrance, Counter 7

Both locations offer the same great food and service, we hope to see you there.

Greg is on holiday in the States but the team and his wife Nui are doing a super job getting everything done to reopen.

After a closer look, the kitchen and ceilings are damaged and it will take at least a week to redo the whole store.

However starting today delivery and take out will be available at the small store next to Sunbelt Asia. Sunrise Tacos does several catering parties a week so we will use that equipment. The central kitchen is located elsewhere so the show can go on.

Greg always says when he goes on Holiday " Please don't burn any of the stores down" This time it happened.

We are all pitching in to make the best of it.

Sunrise can be called for delivery at 02-229-4851 or you can order through www.chefsxp.com/sunrise

Edited by Sunbelt Asia

Best wishes for a speedy full-scale reopening!

As an aside, I commend the Sunrise team....and heck, I'll extend the kudos to Jorge (Tacos & Salsa) and to Billy and Monita (La Monita Mexican Food), too. All three mexican food restaurants have owners that consistently, courteously, and constructively reply to any and all comments posted on ThaiVisa. Other service business entrepreneurs who operate in BKK and who are shy about conversational posting (as opposed to blatant self promotion which presumably requires a sponsorship investment) on ThaiVisa could learn a lot from that.

Come chat with us here.....and we'll come spend money with you there. ;-)

CHEERS!

D

Went over to the Soi 12 location on Friday night and was glad to see that they were still operational, albeit in a fairly patched together sort of way by setting up in the Sunbelt office and customers sitting on tables outside. Food was up to the usual excellent standard though. This was at about 4am by the way, and there was already another table of 5 people dining when I arrived and another large group came just before I left so good to see that business seems to be still going well! :)

The waiter told me that he reckons it'll be another 2 weeks before things are back to normal.