Finding A Young Nurse Or Nurse's Aide

Kf6vci

Hi,

my MIL is about 79 and stopped walking. Now her short term memory is becoming less reliable and bowels control has been lost.

A nurse could get her room, board a bike to ride and a good salary. But where do you find one? By asking around? Some experience would be good, although there won't be any injections.

Some girl might want to escape a bad relationship... Not sure whether to chat with staff at hospitals or how to go about this. The reason for posting is that the Thai side of the family seems to think the old lady should stay in Bangkok, due to some perceived lack of help in Isaan, the old lady's home.

If anyone cares to share how they are coping? How they found and hired someone?

Cheers,

Chris

I think that you might take a different approach... rather than trying to find a young girl, maybe there is a woman age 40 - 55 in the general village area who has some nursing-type background or at least can perform the majority of functions the MIL requires. A young girl might not want to be so isolated, and the MIL might have an easier time relating to the more mature woman... The woman herself might like to have some extra satang in the pocket and already have a grand-baby or 2 to look after that she could bring along ... the most local clinic as per K. RT would be the place to start.

Edited by jazzbo

There is a school that trains nurses aid/medical assistants in Udon.

It is located on Posri Rd., between a 7-11 store and the Vietnamese Restaurant.

Thanks a lot, all answers are valuable!

Gasser, I'll try to remember. Yep, someone more mature might work out much better!

Chris