Hotels Udon Thani

louialive

First of all, it is FLEAS, not flees.....next, you did not specify how much you wish to spend per night for accommodations. There are many in different price-categories to choose from. In-town or just close to town? You will get more responses if you are more specific.

First of all, it is FLEAS, not flees.....next, you did not specify how much you wish to spend per night for accommodations. There are many in different price-categories to choose from. In-town or just close to town? You will get more responses if you are more specific.

First of all its accommodation (singular) not accommodations :)

I am looking for something mid range (not sure what price to specify as I have only been southern thailand so dont know rates for the North) but somewhere comfortable. In town or out of town doesn't matter, but not to far out.

Stayed at the Napali over New Year's, on the 11th floor (one of the wi-fi floors). Nice room, larger than expected, clean. Courteous staff. 1,100 baht for the night. Pool looked great from that height, but I didn't take the plunge :) They also have a dinner buffet for 60 baht for hotel guests. Good price, decent food but not great. It's 1.3km from the shopping mall.

The Chaeronsee Grand (spelled wrong, but Mr Google will give you the correct spelling), next to the shopping mall, has a good rep as well. The other Chaeronsee is evidently older with not such a good rep.

There are many Hotels.

If you look for one price about 1000 Bath, in the center, with the best food, clean, pool, .... go to the Charoen Hotel.

PS They will bring you to and from the airport for free too.

Edited by Somrak

Karen Hotel on Watananmong(sp) a short distace from main shopping area etc. 10B songtaw ride until 7PM.

400B +tax

Best value..cable,aircon clean and view from upper floors.

Happy trails

Decent hotel and decent prices;

Karin Hotel

Watthana Nuwong Rd., Mak Khaeng

Mueang Udon Thani, UDON THANI 41000

0-4232-0515

The Irish Clock is a nice place. Close to shopping, night market, bars & restaurants. Good food in the pub downstairs.

This site won't let me post a link, but their website is irishclock.com

Hotel? Charoen Hotel near bus station, massive nite market, shopping centre its in city but its quiet there around 1,200 baht/nite and the yellow bird club/outdoor resto in there too, been there before very romantic!

There are many Hotels.

If you look for one price about 1000 Bath, in the center, with the best food, clean, pool, .... go to the Charoen Hotel.

PS They will bring you to and from the airport for free too.

All the major hotels have just raised their prices. Big room 2500 per night from 2000 and Centara 3300 from 2800 for the big room. More expensive now than the Pullman in Khon Kaen

See you there this weekend

Not to be too critical of the Top Mansion, as it is good value at the price,..........But two things to consider:

They would have the hardest mattresses I have encountered in Thailand.

There is a Disco in a nearby Soi, and the "Thumping Bass" carries well into most of the Mansions rooms until very late, so if you can get to sleep easily with much noise, you will be okay!