Best English Breakfast/sunday Lunch In Pattaya ?

properperson

Ok Syd

I've been keeping this one to myself, but maybe it's time to share.

The BEST Breakfast in Pattaya bar none.

Le Katai Soi Lenkee No2 breakfast 99B

Tea or Coffee plus Orange Juice, Fruit plate Mellon/Pineapple.

Good quality Bacon 2 rashers, Beans, Grilled Tomato, Large meaty quality Sausage, 2 eggs, fried or scrambled.

Toast 2 slices good quality bread, Butter and Marmalade.

Daily Mail available, Breakfast served all day.

Always busy, try it and report back. :)

I've been a fan of Le Katai for many years decent food at reasonable prices.

Times they are a changin

1st casualty was the fruit plate.

Next to go was the quality sausage.

The beans reduced to a small spoonful

Now the poor quality sausage has halved in size and you have to choose between a small spoonful of beans or a tomato and only 1 toast.

The 99B specials are now 129B

The 129B specials are now 149B

Have food prices really increased so much?

I think not as there are many places offering better value now.

Bye bye Le Katai.

Shame.

Ps anyone know what happend to Syd?

What a shock prices are going up!

Maybe they should be giving it away.

Yes prices go up and over the last year and a half the 99B breakfast has stayed the same price.

Fair enough its been trimmed away over time, but IMO Le Katai has always offered good value.

This is now not so clear with these latest changes.

I know the owner also owns the Jolly friar, China garden and is opening a BBQ place all on the same soi.

Seems strange if he where to sell Le Katai. But who knows It may explain the changes.

As I said a shame as it was one of my most regular stops,

I shall no doubt still go there but defiantly not as often and no longer for the Breakfast.

Maybe it is just a sign of the times.

All the usual names have been mentioned and I agree they are all good restaurants but it can vary according who's out back doing the cooking.. Staff change and quality can suffer overnight.

I have had good and bad meals at everyone of them!

It's almost like we need a real time thread about food experiences to point you in the right direction.

Yes prices go up and over the last year and a half the 99B breakfast has stayed the same price.

Fair enough its been trimmed away over time, but IMO Le Katai has always offered good value.

I know the owner also owns the Jolly friar, China garden and is opening a BBQ place all on the same soi.

Seems strange if he where to sell Le Katai. But who knows It may explain the changes.

I shall no doubt still go there but defiantly not as often and no longer for the Breakfast.

The owner has sold Le Katai. The new owner isn't changing anything at the moment as he is quite happy with the whole set up.

The owner has sold Le Katai. The new owner isn't changing anything at the moment as he is quite happy with the whole set up.

Not changing anything???

Well apart from the prices and the menu it seems.

Give him some more time and he will no doubt fuc_k up the staff the cook and the service.

Come next low season he will be wondering why he has an empty resturant.

Where did it all go wrong?

Edited by kevkev1888

Ah. So the recent 30% price increase is some sort of systemic reaction to the current flooding, I suppose?

I would also be very happy if my income increased 30% without me actually changing anything. :)

Will have to give Canterbury Tales and the Chow Soy a try, I have Breakfasted in both before but not for a couple of years.

Agreed Simple Simon is good and free Tea/Coffee refills is nice but not in the area too often.

The main draw for me with Le Katai was that it has the Daily Mail. Unless the new owner decides to trim that too.

Although even the DM isn't enough to draw me to their current Breakfast offering.

Any other places with a UK newspaper and a decent English Breakfast?

Will have to give Canterbury Tales and the Chow Soy a try, I have Breakfasted in both before but not for a couple of years.

Agreed Simple Simon is good and free Tea/Coffee refills is nice but not in the area too often.

The main draw for me with Le Katai was that it has the Daily Mail. Unless the new owner decides to trim that too.

Although even the DM isn't enough to draw me to their current Breakfast offering.

Personally I come here to get away from UK bad news and the gutter press, if you want to know whats happening just ask some of the guys who come here on Holiday and the net and they will soon enlighten you.

Canterbury Tales Cafe as well as the Chow Soy in the same area, both very good for less than 100baht for a full English all day breakfast.

Uncooked eggs, bacon that looks like it's been shown to the frying pan and not actually cooked, sausage not bad, beans that may or may not be warm, a piece of bread that may or may not have been properly toasted, some orange cordial pretending to be orange juice, home made brown sauce and no Daily newspapers as advertised on the website. All for under 100bt

Chow Soy's good though as is 18 Coins just around the corner, Billabong does a half decent breakfast and the Golf Club on LK Metro has a very varied breakfast menu that is really good. The Ritz on Soi Yamoto is excellent as is The Sportsmens on Soi 13.Little Wonder Cafe near Soi Diana is excellent as well.

Personally I come here to get away from UK bad news and the gutter press, if you want to know whats happening just ask some of the guys who come here on Holiday and the net and they will soon enlighten you.

There is nothing better to remind you how lucky you are to be in Thailand than the DM.

Always puts a smile on my face.

Shame that Le Katai has changed - but I think I still prefer it to the buffet places like Apex / Diana Hotel.

Tropical Berts breakfast is usually very good.