Private Van Or Car To Thailand/malaysia Border Town?

SGDude

I need to hire a private car or van to take me and my 4 cats (in 3 medium-sized crates) to the border town nearest to North Malaysia. I am not exactly sure what the name of the town is but I will check it out. Once I am there, I will have someone else pick me up and drive me into Malaysia.

I was wondering if there are any services that go one-way to my destination without having to drive all the way back to Bangkok? Something like how it works in Western countries where you could hire a car and drive to another city and drop it off at your destination without having to drive it back to where you got the car. I am actually looking for a driver because I do not know the way around Thailand and I can't drive.

Any recommendations?

Assuming you are travelling from Bangkok, the best way to travel with 3 crates of cats would be to take the train to Butterworth. There's no one way self-drive car hire available, although you could easily get a taxi, but that would be crazy money and not very comfortable. No other way that I know of that wouldn't involve changing vehicles a few times - Mini-van, bus combination.

Train to Butterwoth is the way to go,

but

1. why are you taking cats to Malaysia ? Are you smuggling Siamese/ Burmese cats in the hope of a profit ?

2. Can you take cats from Thailand to Malaysia ? Are there quarantine regulations ?

Seems bizarre to me.

Assuming you are travelling from Bangkok, the best way to travel with 3 crates of cats would be to take the train to Butterworth. There's no one way self-drive car hire available, although you could easily get a taxi, but that would be crazy money and not very comfortable. No other way that I know of that wouldn't involve changing vehicles a few times - Mini-van, bus combination.

sorry to dispute this statement but Budget Car Hire do one way hires for an extra fee. But of course the op said they cant drive anyway so it is irrelevant.

HL :)

I found out that my destination is Sungai Kolok.

http://www.travelfish.org/location/thailan...at/sungai_kolok

From the map, I can see that the train station is very near the border. I think it would be best for me to take a train. However, I am not sure where they will keep my cats. My cats are my pets and they are not even pedigree cats worth selling but I love them.

Sg Golok is the Eastern part of Malaysia. You should also take into account your onward journey in Malaysia. If you are headed anywhere to the East, then that will be your crossing.

However, if you want to go to KL, then it will be at least another 6-8 hours of driving into KL. Roads are winding and chokeful of traffic.

My advice will be to find your way into Malaysia via Hadyai , then Danok or Padang Besar or Betong. Then it is about 5hours max on the expressway into KL.

8-10 hours from BKK , then another few more hours from the border of Malaysia, I pity 'em cats.

My reply here is to help you plan your trip from Bangkok to Malaysia border, so Good Luck!

Also watch out the quarantine requirements while bringing 'em pussies into Malaysia-dont carry lots of cash in your wallet.