Which Uk Bank Is Free To Withdraw Atm In Thailand

hi I will be in Thailand quite allot in the future

and am thinking of opening an account in the uk where its free to withdraw money in Thailand from ATMs .as i no i was paying about £3 every time i use the ATM

dont sound much but if you go every otherday its a few beers

.can anyone tell me which banks do this

cheers

and am thinking of opening an account in the uk where its free to withdraw money in Thailand from ATMs .as i no i was paying about £3 every time i use the ATM

cheers

Nationwide certainly and LloydsTSB I believe, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the latter guys.

T.

cheers

Nationwide certainly and LloydsTSB I believe, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the latter guys.

T.

slightly different but similar question. :o

are there any UK banks affiliated to any thai banks.i will be in LOS next thurs.on this trip i will be using mainly travelers cheques,but would like more options for the future.

thnx guys for the info already gleened from these pages :D

Unless you are a 'High Net Worth' Customer of say HSBC, - and use the HSBC machine in Rama IV, then you will have to pay a fee in the region of GBP2 per deal.

High Net Worth customers do not have to pay puny things like ATM fees for reciprocal banks. Customers with only an overdraft to their name do.

So open an account with US$75,000 and bingo, you've beaten the system, and they give you free espresso.

cheers

T.

Nationwide - yes

LloydsTSB most definately not, they are probably the most expensive. :o

totster :D

Yep it's the Nationwide Flexaccount that charges no fees. They have online banking too, so it's pretty convenient. From memory though it took a while to go through all the procedures to get the online banking setup, so don't leave it till just before you leave. :o

hi

nationwide flex account is your best bet

nationwide credit card and lombard direct dont have foreign exchange charges

visit www.moneysavingexpert.com for articles on this area - here it is aimed at tourists, but same appiles for "long stay UK tourists too". also if u tranfer larhge amounts of cash they have a new article on this using forex brokers that can give better rates than banks and do transfers free of charge.

hi

nationwide flex account is your best bet

nationwide credit card and lombard direct dont have foreign exchange charges

visit www.moneysavingexpert.com for articles on this area - here it is aimed at tourists, but same appiles for "long stay UK tourists too". also if u tranfer larhge amounts of cash they have a new article on this using forex brokers that can give better rates than banks and do transfers free of charge.

Wow - what a gem of a site that is........... Thanks, Khun Bob!