Signs Around Town?

ticklemyfancy

have noticed round town the anti child prostitution signs have nearly all been de-faced???(either with spray paint or tins of paint)

just wondering what sort of reprobate dissaproves of them notices???

personally if people dissaprove of the signs because it tarnishes pattaya in general then they are no better than the kiddie fiddlers themselves!

Those fiends that visit Thailand for sex with 12 year-old street-kids would be my guess. Either that or just a political statement geared towards western countries who think it's their duty to police a country that's not their own. I personally disapprove of both the aforementioned practices. There are better ways of dealing with Pattaya's darkest problem than plastering signs around everywhere...

I personally disapprove of both the aforementioned practices. There are better ways of dealing with Pattaya's darkest problem than plastering signs around everywhere...

How????

the signs bring more attention to people with the paint all over them anyway so whoever it is and whatever they are trying to hide, they've failed!

agree it is a dark probelm though and one that should be dealt with, haven't been there for a while but are these signs displayed at the airport?

Hobgoblin

There are better ways of dealing with Pattaya's darkest problem than plastering signs around everywhere...

I agree. For 99.9 % of us that go to Pattaya, we do not need to be told its wrong, immoral, sick, depraved.

In fact the Thai goverment have also decided this, as of this week no more signs of this nature are to be posted.

• 2 weeks later...

By increasing police presence in and around Sunee Plaza and other known areas. Perhaps also by a special Thai task force less inclined to be on the take from local bar owners.

You can also help by not naming the places where you know it happens, even if you think its common knowledge. After reading this I could easily do a search for Sunee Plaza with a few other words and find the other known areas. Then use that information to get better info. A lot of moderators edit the details that give clues to those people.

EDUCATION FOR THOSE OF US WHO DO HAVE CHILDREN AND IT APPLYS ANYWHERE: THE INTRODUCTION IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE OF US WHO DO HAVE CHILDREN THE ENDING IS INTENDED TO HELP PROTECT THOSE WHO ARE BEING ABUSED.

Often parents say more than they need to in an effort to be honest and cover all the bases of what could occur. Frankly, the responsibility of keeping these very young children safe FROM ALL DANGERS (including strangers) belongs to THE PARENT or other adult in charge -- NOT THE CHILD!!!! These young children should NEVER be out of sight or reach of a competent responsible adult.

Street smarts are essential to learn, but this is a process of age appropriate information. One effective way to begin teaching the lesson is by stating the rule rather than explicit scenarios of what disasters COULD occur especially with a very young preschooler. For example, notice how the rule that "You (a young child) must ALWAYS ask a mommy or daddy for permission to go ANYWHERE with ANYONE" covers such warnings as you must never walk away with a stranger when he promises candy or gifts, get in the car with a stranger, or go out of his yard to help someone look for a lost puppy.

I do believe in teaching and practicing even with very young children to yell "HELP!’’ as loud as they can if someone is scaring them so Mommy (or teacher) can hear them right away. Yelling at the top of their lungs is not the normal way we teach our children to behave and communicate, so this is good to practice and even fun.

Although protection and safety skills are necessary, not all strangers are dangerous...in fact, most strangers are not. There is often a very negative, mixed message that comes through to our kids about people in general; this is unfortunate. I think it is okay to let children see their parents be polite to strangers and even extend a helping hand. For example, why not assist the frail, elderly lady (a total stranger) trying to push her shopping cart in the parking lot while holding her umbrella during a rainstorm? This kind gesture is a great lesson in empathy and compassion and carries little risk of danger.

In addition, there are sensible, practical things to teach that seem to work with young children. I always liked the suggestion of telling your child, "If Mommy ever gets lost in the store, look for a mother with children to help you find me." Maybe not conventional police advice, but perhaps even more helpful in that the child may be wandering alone (in more danger) for a shorter time looking for the mom than a man in uniform or the sales clerk behind the counter. Their view of the world is limited to what they can see at literally a very low level. To see what they see, consider getting down on your knees and "walk" around. You may get a whole new perspective on what you feel is helpful.

Find the middle ground that enables you to protect without unduly scaring your very young children with threats and warnings; remember, although the word "stranger" rhymes with "danger", it can also be defined as a friend you haven't met yet!

I understand there are the sick demented males who come knowing full well there is child prostitution available but above is a few handy hints to help educate you and your children. Sickening thought when you're a parent I am sure all parents would agree the thought brings out the killer instinct.

If it looks inappropriate you have to be very careful in any challenge. Here in Thailand due to mixed marriages and age differences between husband and wife or father and mother you don't want to offend a parent and yet at the same time I'm sure at some stage I know I have thought that boy and man holding hands just doesn't look right.

A Youth Aide Officer from the police is OK for school kids.

The target is the under priveliged children Thai or Cambodian or wherever they come from that being force laboured into this disgusting industry.

If you suspect child prostitution in any form I don't think you are doing any harm in bringing to a police officers attention. There might be embarrassment if you are wrong and it is the rightful parent at the same token I dunno would I really be offended if a Police Officer stopped me and said is this your daughter or the other way round is this your daddy. I'd like to think an Angel was working and making sure all was safe.

Stranger Danger is one thing

A pimp luring males to have sex with children is another. If you know of it or suspect do the right thing and report it. If you are buying into it I suggest you seek help because you need it and your name should be on a register and if you live here you you should be deported you are disgrace to men, and hopefully your own country will have suitable laws to deal with you.

I know in some counties child molesters are kept seperate all together from other inmates. Life Expectancy Zero!!