Need Help In Picking A Gift

newtaraday

Hi mates!

i need the help of you guys, wish you guys wld help me . This is the situation,i intend to send a gift to a certain girl which i'm interested in who is frm thailand.She is frm a rather rich background. We are not in any kinda relationship and this is the first time i'm sending her a gift.

Pls give only honest and serious comments. Tks in advance mates

I think yes gold is good gift

also nowadays some young ladies prefer white gold

something they cannot find in their country

example imported stuff

example Guess watch Thailand has heavy import duties on this, whereas in Singaproe much cheaper

Perfume, thailand has alot of perfume cheap stuff they want imported perfume, like Channel, rush 2 etc

Anthing Imported will do, evenr choclate imported something they cannot find in theri country or is too expensive in Thailand due to import duty

Items not available here is a good choice as suggested.

Genuine Levi 501's are a must for any hi-so girl rich or not.

Any high end brand as long as it is genuine and of course you know her size???

Fancy underwear might send the wrong message maybe not.

a small diamond necklace will do the job if you are working on being the 'son in law'

It really does depend on your own budget???

Teach

As a previous poster said perfume,

i always take my GF a couple of bottles she loves the real thing so much better than copies.

I think thats the best one . Make sure you wrap the perfume in bubble wrap real good . You do not want that breaking in your suitcase . My wife loves the Dior brand perfume .

Gold might be over the top for a first gift .

Jeans are ok but DO NOT get a size to big ! I would avoid buying clothes period . Maybe when you know her better . Flowers are a 100 baht a dozen in Thailand , why bother . A watch is also nice but dont get her a Rolex from a Sukhumvit sidewalk dealer :o

" We are not in any kinda relationship and this is the first time i'm sending her a gift."

I don't think he should ask her size that is a definite turnoff. Then when he explains himself the surprise is ruined. A downhill slide all the way.

Find out what she talks about when you mention your country and it should provide you with more ideas.

Edited by aughie

Send her a nice letter w/ pics of you and your dog or cat in the yard, and send pics from a baseball game, shopping at the Disney outlet, I dunno a nice letter with pics sounds good. Save your money for something more tangible like for the next time you see her.

-a

Edited by aughie

Send her a nice letter w/ pics of you and your dog or cat in the yard, and send pics from a baseball game, shopping at the Disney outlet, I dunno a nice letter with pics sounds good.  Save your money for something more tangible like for the next time you see her. 

-a

I like this idea..... :o

totster :D

hey guys dont knock 15 bucks or are you all rolling in it??

my parents send my kids each 20 $ for birthdays (except for 13, 16 and 18 when they get something larger); thats about 120 shekels which is a cd import, decent makeup, a skirt or shirt from fox/lee cooper et al; a fancy pair of 'junk' shoes (not hiking quality but definately teenage disco quality; even a pair of funky earrings, cutesy useless keyrings, fashion mags, fancy jewellry boxes fancy school supplies (multi coloured pens, giant pencils) etc... boys, unfortunately are more difficult no matter what the culture: cd, computer games if they have computer, my son liked american sports mags; car mags etc;

girls around the world like what i listed, unless they are so hi-so that they have everything, in which case only a horse or some rare squishy faced dog will do :o

i have the reverse problem; i have american nieces and they do have more than what i can afford for presents, so:

i accumulate. that is, i fill a small box with all sorts of nifty things that i pick up thru out the year that are wierd, crazy and what their mom might not buy them, when the box is full, i top it off with candy/gum that cant be found in the states and label the different wrapped presents for each girl... they love my boxes and i dont go broke...

oh forgot: this all depends on if they are funky/freaky/stylist etc or 'geeky' serious school girl types

Send her a nice letter w/ pics of you and your dog or cat in the yard, and send pics from a baseball game, shopping at the Disney outlet, I dunno a nice letter with pics sounds good.  Save your money for something more tangible like for the next time you see her. 

-a

Good idea, send her letter with your pixs. If you can make ( by yourself )a cute picture frame, it would make her more happy. Or send her book about your town or anything about you. Or send her cute toy or your favarite Bear that once belong to you. See...there are so many cute things. Dont send her expensive gift, because the next time you have to give her more ....;-) expensive. Good luck ! :o

My budget is abt 15usd

Tks for all yr comments, i'm sending a parcel, i dun think its tht good to send perfume , due to the weight.

You are right in questioning the reliablity of the The Thai Postal service (its not the only one)

Out of five parcels /letters I have sent only one has arrived, closest to what you are likely to send in size/value, 2x 1 ounce bottles of tea tree oil from Australia has never arrived. Even straight letters in DL enveopes do not arrive. Why risk it?

Although a flower delivery service may not provide exactly the the right gift , ladies do seem to love flowers and it is the thought that counts! (It is said, in England at least) and you might have some recourse if they mess up.

Edited by spacebass