Ppp Server Not Responding

msg362

I'm not an expert on internet connections so I really would appreciate some help.

I have a TOT 4 Mb/.5Mb connection which normally runs at 3.2/0.4 Mb in Thailand and of course slower overseas. I use a VPN to connect to BBC iPlayer to download BBC programmes. what seem to happen very requently is that the connection breaks and I get ' PPP Server not responding'. This happens with two different VPNs, one using LPT2 and one using ??? PPP??? It happens very frequently around 8.00 am to 9.00 am ,less frequently at other times normally. ( Yesterday it cut out about 5 times around 3.00 pm). I therefore suspect it is a TOT problem

I have no idea what to do, if anything. Is there some way I can trace the problem? if I find it what are the chances of getting it fixed?

Thanks

Mike

post-55921-1263435062_thumb.jpg

Without an actual connection log, it's hard to diagnose exactly what's happening. Most likely, it's a timeout for one reason or another. For some reason, VPN tunnels are set up to be a little more impatient with response times than your network stack is with regular IP traffic (which in your case is traversing the tunnel). If you can find a place to tweak VPN settings, including timeout, that's where I'd start.

Thanks for this. I contacted my VPN ( Lamnia) and they suggested installing 'Pearport VPN (www.pearworks.com/pages/software.html) This is supposed to automatically reconnect you if the line drops. I'll try it out for a few days and report back. I've had the problem for several months and if this works I'll be over the moon (Oops it's almost a black moon tonight!!)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for this. I contacted my VPN ( Lamnia) and they suggested installing 'Pearport VPN (www.pearworks.com/pages/software.html) This is supposed to automatically reconnect you if the line drops. I'll try it out for a few days and report back. I've had the problem for several months and if this works I'll be over the moon (Oops it's almost a black moon tonight!!)

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve your problem? I am having problems with my PPP which said "disconnected by user"

Disconnected_By_User.pdf

Edited by Dodobird