Saltwater Tank Holders

Dirk_brijs

Who is having a saltwater tank in Pattaya?

there must be a few of us as I see a larger amount of shops distributing salt water animals and corals.

Not all that good though?

If any of you out there identify yourself and lets share information on where and what we buy and the quality of it when we get it.

Maybe a picture of your tank would be nice too let me start with that then.

post-11200-1263526179_thumb.jpg

post-11200-1263526165_thumb.jpg

waw am I the only one in Pattaya?

How difficult & how expensive is a saltwater tank like yours, looks real nice, is it difficult to get the fish in Ptty?

finding fish in Pattaya is not a real issue it is just the corals and anemones that are an issue. Reason of me trying to start this thread so we could share experiences.

It is not too hard but you need to read up alot as there is allot of things you have to think about in order to keep your tank happy.

unlike with freshwater you need to keep your entire tank alive not just the fish but even the water and the rocks.

About a price? I think mine sits now close to 100K but its a big one

I am sure there are some more saltwater tank holders no??????

Edited by Dirk_brijs

I'm down in Phuket so I can't help on the location questions, but I've had my tank for 6 years and it's been pretty easy sailing, except when the plumbing causes problems. What kinds of fish and coral do you get there in Pattaya and what is the cost? There are no saltwater shops here as it's deemed illegal for whatever reason due to some silly laws that apply to Phuket.

waw am I the only one in Pattaya?

Nope!

I got a 75 Gallon / 300 L from that shop on Sukhumvit not far from Index, they have corals and anemones and a good selection of saltwater fish. Percula Farmgreat place to buy Clownfish, since the fish is farmed it tends to be stronger.

post-49305-1263613502_thumb.jpg

post-49305-1263613670_thumb.jpg

Looking good.

Did you buy your entire stock with him or you went to Bkk?

I used to have a tank from him but i came back from him (previous tank of 90Gl) This one I set up on my own with more succes.

Though he is by far the best shop in Pattaya when it comes to salt water. Though lately he is slacking a bit??

I got all My things at Sukhumvit shop. They also came and set the tank up and came back and check before the fish went in. He was due to sell the shop and move back South since he retired from the police force a

while ago. But they changed their minds and stayed. Think it is actually the wife that runs the place now and I belive you will find it anything but slaking off

I got all My things at Sukhumvit shop. They also came and set the tank up and came back and check before the fish went in. He was due to sell the shop and move back South since he retired from the police force a

while ago. But they changed their minds and stayed. Think it is actually the wife that runs the place now and I belive you will find it anything but slaking off

I know how I find it I visit them at least once a week to see if anything new comes in.

They used to re stock every 3 or 4 days

since half December they have only restocked once on Jan 6th and nothing since then again.

Yes it is the wife now running the place. They have upgraded all their prices too.

what did you pay for our clam in your tank?

• 2 weeks later...