My 90-year Old Dad - One Month Stay - Visa?

I'm sure I could get this information from somewhere else, but the idea of a quick post/reply is too good to resist, as the knowledge and information are more up-to-date and reliable on this forum.

I'm planning a visit for my Dad, who lives in the UK. He'll come over in mid-November, and leave in January (next year).

- What kind of visa would he need? Once here, he's not going to hop any borders until he flys out.

- Where would he get this visa from? Are there any passport or other requirements?

- When should he get the visa?

If I could email the information I get here, it'll be a big comfort to him to know how to go about it. The visit's a long way off, but he's started to prepare for it already!

Many thanks for (I'm sure) having to go through the same old stuff all over again. It's for a good cause!

Old Dog in Isaan

A Tourist Visa would give 60 days. This can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration if needed. The fee is normally 28 pounds but at the moment they are free and probably will be all year.

Apply at any Thai Consulate in UK. Can apply by post if need be. Apply 2 or 3 weeks before travel.

Details Here

A tip would be to enclose a prepaid Special Delivery envelope for return of passport/visa. Cost is about £4 against £8 that Hull would otherwise charge.

Also check out the Thai honorary consulate at Liverpool. Recent report indicated there was no administration charge for single entry tourist visa that Hull currently applies.