Chaliang Cafe

sceadugenga

It is near the Den Haa area. Find Highway 1211 on the map that Sven provided. Near the bottom of Mae Kok golf club, 1211 passes close by. The "1211" is posted there on the map, near a green motorcycle marker. That "1211" is the point where you turn off of the highway onto Sankhongnoi to go to the cafe. Turn into town (away from the river and the army base) at that light from 1211 onto Sankhongnoi. You will immediately go up a small hill and then go down the other side of the hill. Shorty after reaching the bottom of the hill, there is an orange building on the left. That's it, I am told.

If you Google Chaliang Cafe, you will find a blog with pics of the inside of the place and some of the menu items. The blog is in Thai. I have no idea what it says about the place.

Good luck

Edited by kandahar

It is near the Den Haa area. Find Highway 1211 on the map that Sven provided. Near the bottom of Mae Kok golf club, 1211 passes close by. The "1211" is posted there on the map, near a green motorcycle marker. That "1211" is the point where you turn off of the highway onto Sankhongnoi to go to the cafe. Turn into town (away from the river and the army base) at that light from 1211 onto Sankhongnoi. You will immediately go up a small hill and then go down the other side of the hill. Shorty after reaching the bottom of the hill, there is an orange building on the left. That's it, I am told.

If you Google Chaliang Cafe, you will find a blog with pics of the inside of the place and some of the menu items. The blog is in Thai. I have no idea what it says about the place.

Good luck

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...zz8ypaD-oW-pkTA

More info, some corrected info. The address is 34/7 Moo 15, Sankhongnoi Raod. Phone 089-9569829.

The place is actually a little further down the street after you reach the bottom of the hill. The outside of the building is white, not orange. The furniture displayed from the outside is orange, the bar is orange, the interior of the place is more yellow than orange. I was just remembering "orange" from passing the place and looking in. The place has an open front.

Edited by kandahar

Thanks kandahar, I did find the blog, and used google translate to get English version with somewhat hilarious results.

Seeds of the coffee shop. ปลูกจากดอยสูงและหนาวค่ะ...ดอยเตี้ยๆ ร้อนๆ หัวโกร๋น เราไม่เอา Cultivation of high mountain and winter mountain dwarf any help ... we do not take naked hot head.

But no address, many thanks for your help.

Edit: Found it on the map. Driven past it 100 times, thanks again.

Edited by sceadugenga

You're welcome.

Sounds like they are biased against naked hot heads, though. That might not be good for their business.

Yeah, there is much hilarity to be found in some of the translations out there. I remember a sign outside of a shop advertising how you could learn perfect English at that shop. The message was so butchered, the English so bastardized, the words miss-spelled so badly, that it sent me into fits of laughter every time I saw it or thought about it. But for the people that don't know the language well, it probably made perfect sense.

Edited by kandahar

• 3 weeks later...

This is written by the café's owner.

I've been informed about this topic last week. Unfortunately, I was not a website member and it took me a while to activate the account. Hope that this is not too late to fix some misunderstandings. :D

After a while of reading the quote and the reply (with a bad feeling for a lately reply :D ), I realize that the beginning of the whole story is from my blog…(Thanks for visiting anyway).

I wrote many things in the blog such as girl stuff, dog, foods, and my place "Chaliang Cafe". I wrote that in Thai (with a Thai sense of humor somehow :D ).

I would say that there is no text or any single word showing bias against people al all.

But how come the discrimination issue! :)

One thing I can figure out here is the translation from Thai to English.

What I wrote in Thai is "เมล็ดกาแฟของที่ร้าน ปลูกจากดอยสูงและหนาวค่ะ...ดอยเตี้ยๆ ร้อนๆ หัวโกร๋น เราไม่เอา "

The meaning is that "our coffee beans are from the cold highland which is good for cultivation of coffee. We do not take those from any land which is hot and dry" (as you may see some small mountains without tree in Thailand).

The thing is the text has been translated to be "Seeds of the coffee shop. Cultivation of high mountain and winter mountain dwarf any help ... we do not take naked hot head."

As someone say, there is much hilarity to be found in some of the translations out there. :D

We (I and my hubby), are the coffee lover and we try to serve the customer the best coffee with a service mind. Everyone (and also the naked hot heads) are welcome to Chaliang Café :D

sa was dee ka ^^.

Hello, chialiangcafe, there is no problem at all, I was joking about Google Translators translation of the Thai script, we often laugh about it and usually it has absolutely nothing to do with what is actually written in Thai.

I think we met last night, I came in with the ugly man with the beard, I was the tall handsome man with the beard. He met you on the plane and wanted to say hello.

I'll give your coffee a plug while I have the chance, I've had several cups of latte and it is excellent. I never drank any last night as I'd already been drinking coffee and too much keeps me awake.

Sawas dee krap.

Edited by sceadugenga

Sometimes, the humor is even lost on its own culture.

I have not tried the place yet but will soon enough. And just so you all know, I'm not so biased against naked hot heads either, so I'll get along fine with the owner of that cafe. The good news is, CR seems to be a little short on naked hot heads right now. Haven't seen any today. But, those were the days......

Good luck

Hi Kandahar, now when you are referring to our Google Map, can you please add the location on that map?

I read about the Mae Kok Golf Club, the river, road 1211, green motorcycles, small hills etc etc and I get very confused!

After reading the other posts I am looking forward to "caffe latte" with one or two nice cakes!

All the best!

:D:):D