Ordering Books From Bangkok

keo

Hello,

I'm looking to pick up a couple of books...

American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread

...both by Peter Reinhart.

I would rather not order through Amazon, as even coming from Japan the shipping is nearly as much as the book itself.

I would imagine there is a much better chance of finding the books in Bangkok than in Chiang Mai. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for ordering books from Bangkok? Contact details would be appreciated.

Thanks...

keo

try dasa book cafe..they will deliver, although they are second hand mainly..

My kids and I order a big batch from them almost every other month. Excellent service. Next day delivery if by EMS. 2-3 days if normal post. In-country EMS charges are very low.

*Only* used books, though. Also, you have to deposit payment into their account before they ship. I usually do it at an ATM, takes just a few minutes. Note though that if you're not home when the postman coms, you have to go to the post office to pick up tour book parcel.

I understand that Gecko books will soon be implementing some kind of online ordering as well. Currently you can search for books availability at their site, but no prices listed.

Gecko Books is just on the verge of doing mail order for our complete stock. I'm just waiting for the guys who put it together to add the last few touches.

It would be interesting to see who comes up with:

American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza

The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread

...both by Peter Reinhart.

My guess is Amazon. :)