D Link Modems/routers

kainy83

i've jus signed up to tot internet and it came wiv a d link router/modem which i seem to b havin problems wiv can any body suggest wots wrong?

the dsl led is not flashing and neither is the internet icon yet all wires are connected and i had it connected for 3 days and it jus went off

Help!!!

Thank you graham

I use a D-Link router at my rented place in Pattaya and at home in Songkhla, I've found then to be very good.

Are you using a wireless connection or a lan connection? If your ADSL light is not working then check to make sure all the phone jacks are properly plugged in. Alternatively dosconnect the phone line at the modem and disconnect the power from its source, leave it for a few minutes and then try again.

My telephone line in Pattaya is TOT and sometimes the ADSL line drops for no reason. They do have a help line (don't know the number) but most times they are not very helpfull. :)

I use a D-Link router at my rented place in Pattaya and at home in Songkhla, I've found then to be very good.

Are you using a wireless connection or a lan connection? If your ADSL light is not working then check to make sure all the phone jacks are properly plugged in. Alternatively dosconnect the phone line at the modem and disconnect the power from its source, leave it for a few minutes and then try again.

My telephone line in Pattaya is TOT and sometimes the ADSL line drops for no reason. They do have a help line (don't know the number) but most times they are not very helpfull. :)

Thanks mallyrd i am on wireless connection but i'll try everything u said so thanks alot and i'll let u know how i get on

Do you have the D-link router dsl-526B? if so I had same problem often.the problem is I think by TOT.

Phone them, the telno.is 1100 they speak english.What you can try is to reboot the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in the adresbar and reboot or take out the power plug for a couple of minutes.

you can also reset the router on the back by holding the reset for 5seconds with a paperclip or something.If nothing works it is a TOT problem.

goodluck

isaanpaul icon1.gif

I would say that generally the D-Link routers that the ISP's sell along with their packages are the worst of the worst, they are dirt cheap and still heavily overpriced when buying through the ISP. Invest in a proper router, money well spent.

I would say that generally the D-Link routers that the ISP's sell along with their packages are the worst of the worst, they are dirt cheap and still heavily overpriced when buying through the ISP. Invest in a proper router, money well spent.

I post rarely on here, even as a response, so this will be brief and to the point.

DLINK product is unreliable. Personally every modem/router I have had from them has failed at random times. Their support is close to the bottom of the barrel. As an IT reseller / consultant I've seen more failures on their domestic products than all the others put together. Their product has cost me plenty lost consultancy, so dont expect an endorsement of that brand. The other response is correct the Telco provides them for a reason - they are CHEAP - in every sense

However it sounds like the telco has not provisioned the service correctly. If you have a chance borrow from somebody else a modem/router to confirm it is either a telco or product issue.

Best of luck with both the telco and the 'product'