Win32/heur Trojan

phetaroi

I'm infected! Well, at least my desktop computer is (I am now using a secondary lap top).

Anyone dealt with this trojan before? It immediately disabled and perhaps even erased my Norton 2010 program!

I have someone coming to the house this afternoon to look at it.

Anything I should know before or after?

Thanks!

I took the easy way out. I hired some technicians to come to the house and fix it. Took them 3 hours, including the need to reload Win7. Oddly enough, it kept all my "stuff" I had saved on the desktop, but lost my "my pictures" files...although fortunately I had backed those up. Also lost all my programs, so I will have a full day of reloading, including a couple from the internet...I hate that!

But, for now, it seems like the technicians did a fine job with none of the headaches for me...so far. Great price -- 1500 baht...about 1/3 what it would have been back in the States.

Try the free online anti-virus scan of Bitdefender. You need first to install a small application which is 100 pct safe (I use it since many years)

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan_uk/scan8/ie.html

It was actually quite interesting. Although I didn't try that one, I tried a couple of well-known free downloads to fix it (before calling in the pros), and it would get about halfway through installing each of them and stop dead. Whoever developed that particular trojan was very talented.