Cheap Suits

fredzepplin

I always advise people to actually go to the fabric market and chose their fabric and then find a tailor. You usually get a better deal and have absolute control over what material to buy. There are some good fabrics that are cheap but you can find some very expensive high quality fabrics that are 600+ thread count but they cost more than 2,000 baht a meter.

Make sure that they fit you right. I had one friend who they measured his waste at the belly button. I don't know many westerners that wear their pants that high up but many Thais do. Also make sure that they have a prefitting before the final suit is made. I have had some friends get measured and picked up their suit just to find out that the tailor didn't adjust for their wider shoulder spread.

• 3 weeks later...
why do people always make hard for themselves looking for a suit in the store? sometimes stores lack of supplies. go for online shopping if you cant find on the stores and it cost less if you buy it as a wholesale. :)

huh?

The OP is asking about tailored clothes not 'off-the-rack'.

I haven't started looking for suits here yet (and at this rate I may never have to since I have 3 here in Thailand and have only worn the jacket for one, once in the last 3 years for drinks and the theater in BKK).

I will follow this thread though since I have shirts and slacks made annually. I have been using Paul's Fashions in BKK -- 10k for a jacket, 2 slacks, 6 shirts, 6 good ties. I have the slacks 1/2 lined.

Last year in Bangkok I got ten [10] shirts, some of Egyptian cotton and some of miracle fiber for $180 U S and three [3] dress pants of Italian cashmere for $90 U S. I can't verify the origin of the fabric but all have held up well, especially the pants that have gotten plenty of use.

On a related topic, any suggestions for a good dry cleaner in CM?