Yangtze Chinese Restaurant

ThailandTommy

Sometime ago someone recommended 'The Yangtze Chinese Restaurant' I may have the name wrong as it was only mentioned to me in passing.

If it exists can anyone give me the address or recommend a good authentic Chinese restaurant?

Thanking you in anticipation :)

Edited by ThailandTommy

There is a place on Thannon Chang Klan just past Sridornchai in the Chang Klan Plaza. I don't know the name but it was recommended on this forum. I went there and I didn't like it and it was very expensive. The food, to me, was more of Thai-like food with a Chinese twist. No Cantonese style chow main or anything like that.

There is another place on Sridornchai close to Thannon Chang Klan. I also don't know the name of that one but it looks good and I'll give it a try some time.

From Citylife:

Yangzi Jiang

Comment: For fabulous Chinese food, look no further than Yangzi Jiang: this recently opened restaurant is set to join the ranks of Chiang Mai's finest eateries. Located in an elegant old home just off Nimmanhaemin Road, Yangzi Jiang offers superb, authentic cuisine in an intimate setting. The restaurant interior is stylishly decorated with black glass table tops and a dark parquet floor complemented with vivid splashes of red, while staff members are friendly, quietly attentive and attractively dressed in crimson mandarin collar uniforms. The menu offers a wide selection of classic Chinese dishes, including dim sum, barbequed suckling pig and roasted Peking duck, as well as more exotic concoctions for the adventurous palate, such as steamed chicken feet with chilli sauce, Mexican abalone, Japanese scallops, and fish maw in rich broth. Prices are on the high side, but the quality of the cuisine makes the spend well worth it.

Address: 10 Nimmanhaemin Road, Soi 5

Time Open: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Telephone: 053 225 313

From Citylife:

Yangzi Jiang

Comment: For fabulous Chinese food, look no further than Yangzi Jiang: this recently opened restaurant is set to join the ranks of Chiang Mai's finest eateries. Located in an elegant old home just off Nimmanhaemin Road, Yangzi Jiang offers superb, authentic cuisine in an intimate setting. The restaurant interior is stylishly decorated with black glass table tops and a dark parquet floor complemented with vivid splashes of red, while staff members are friendly, quietly attentive and attractively dressed in crimson mandarin collar uniforms. The menu offers a wide selection of classic Chinese dishes, including dim sum, barbequed suckling pig and roasted Peking duck, as well as more exotic concoctions for the adventurous palate, such as steamed chicken feet with chilli sauce, Mexican abalone, Japanese scallops, and fish maw in rich broth. Prices are on the high side, but the quality of the cuisine makes the spend well worth it.

excuse me for asking, you didn't use to busk in newcastle did you :)

From Citylife:

Yangzi Jiang

Thank you very much it sounds exactly like the establishment that had been recommended :) Off to give it a try..

Edited by ThailandTommy

From Citylife:

Yangzi Jiang

My wife and I have just returned from having a really nice meal at the restaurant, service a little better than most Thai run establishments, the food we had was exceptional and very good portions, all in all, a good value for money restaurant, would recommend it and will certainly be returning.

Thanks again for the information. :)