That Was A Nice Little Storm

IanForbes

I was just about to head out for my nightly prowl when the wind picked up, followed by the lightning and the rain. It washed off all the grime on my motorbike. How come it only seems to rain in the evening in Chiang Mai. Is it because this is Camelot?

They say it never rains till after sunset

At 8 O'clock the morning fog must disappear

Indeed there's surely not

A more congenial spot

Then here in Cam-e-lot.

Yep the rain was most welcome here in Nong Hoy also. And I think we will have tomorrow also. What's your bet ?

I can't decide which is the most interesting post - the imaginatively titled "Rain" post by Blueyedthai, the equally imaginative "Rain" post by Gotlost (135 replies, 2634 views - well done that man!) or this one - a bit more imaginatively titled  "That Was A Nice Little Storm" (recently posted, so hard to say how it will fare). Maybe we could have a poll? 

PS - with regards to "What's your bet?" - as curious as I am to know what the latest odds are, and what the gambling patterns may be vis-a-vis tomorrow's possibilities of precipitation, I think I should let you know that gambling is illegal in Thailand so it is probably against forum rules to discuss it.   :)  More's the pity. :D

Edited by KevinHunt

PS - with regards to "What's your bet?" - as curious as I am to know what the latest odds are, and what the gambling patterns may be vis-a-vis tomorrow's possibilities of precipitation, I think I should let you know that gambling is illegal in Thailand so it is probably against forum rules to discuss it.   :)  More's the pity. :D

I bet you're correct but it's odds on mods may feel this discussion is par for the course but there's nothing wrong in taking a gamble and posting anyway.

I'm not a betting man but I'm fairly certain it will rain again in the future.

Edited by Loaded

Yep the rain was most welcome here in Nong Hoy also. And I think we will have tomorrow also. What's your bet ?

I can't decide which is the most interesting post - the imaginatively titled "Rain" post by Blueyedthai, the equally imaginative "Rain" post by Gotlost (135 replies, 2634 views - well done that man!) or this one - a bit more imaginatively titled  "That Was A Nice Little Storm" (recently posted, so hard to say how it will fare). Maybe we could have a poll? 

WHichever way it goes itsodds on there is no free water round.

It was not a "nice little storm" over here in Chang Khian. In fact it was kind of scary, even sitting in my house. The wind was the strongest I've seen in many, many years. Strong enough to open a closed door and then slam it shut again. This morning I've got loads of cleaning up to do in the garden. I'm glad to have gotten the rain, and usually I enjoy a decent thunder storm, but I'll pass on another one like that.

During the storm, we had four or five miniature blackouts each no longer than 2 sec's, and each one causing the UPS and laptops in my place to intone the usual beep and buzz concert. Good to see some rain finally. If we get more of that, perhaps this will delay or even attenuate the coming "smoky season".

Cheers, CMX