90 Day Reporting

Hello,

I have a 1 year education visa. When I got it, I got a little white card stapled inside telling me when I had to do my 90 day report. However, on November 20th, I went to Cambodia for 4 days and came back on Nov. 24th.

Did this trip in anyway effect my 90 day report date? My orgiginal report date (the date stamped on white card) read Feb 1.

Thanks in advance.

If you are doing 90 day reporting you are on extension of stay (which is not a visa). I assume you had a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive. The time clock for 90 day reporting resets on re-entering the country, the day of entry counting as day 1.

My husband and I are both on independent extensions for retirement purposes. By that I mean I am not on his visa but have applied and qualified for my own. At the moment our 90 day reports coincide, but I will be taking a trip to visit family without him. I will be out and back in before my 90 day report is due. Can I just report as if I had not left the country? I really would like to keep our visits to immigration to a minimum.

If the notice your exit they will not accept it (and they should notice as your departure card will have a different number).

So now my new report date is 90 days from last Nov. 24th when I re-entered the country?

Correct

If I am a frequent traveller and leave the country on a regular basis (with a re entry permit) before my 90 days reporting.. this could mean that I only have to go to Chaengwattana to do extend my stay.. and really never have to do the 90 days reporting right?

My husband and I are both on independent extensions for retirement purposes. By that I mean I am not on his visa but have applied and qualified for my own. At the moment our 90 day reports coincide, but I will be taking a trip to visit family without him. I will be out and back in before my 90 day report is due. Can I just report as if I had not left the country? I really would like to keep our visits to immigration to a minimum.

Why not do your reports by mail?

• 5 weeks later...

Was beautiful.

Walked in, grabbed my ticket, called to window within 10 minutes, Thai officer took about 3 minutes to stamp everything and then finished! I had all paperwork ready to go and signed.

FYI. I talked to someone who said that before, for a 90 day extension, you didn't need to get a ticket, however, now you do.