Leather Jacket And Maybe Boots In Thailand?

cooma7

Hey guys, I am coming to thailand in 2 weeks (first time overseas from Australia)

I know clothes are dirt cheap in thailand (I will be in phuket and bangkok).

What about motorcycle gear? I was looking at getting a leather jacket if they are at a decent price

Something like a alpine stars knockoff would be cool, I dont mind as long as it works!

I have a CBR 600F4i, so would like something that goes with that sort of bike.

If you can get nice stylish jackets over there, does anyone know how much they are (approx)

I was also looking at getting some boots aswell, just something waterproof would do.

could you give me some pricing info on these also.

I did have a quick look to see if the question had been posted, so please, If it has been asked 100 times before, just tell me to search harder haha.

THanks guys.

Ryan

Hi Cooma and welcome, I have seen leather shops in Bangkok so I guess you can get something either off the peg or custom made there.

As for boots, I never ride without them, I have bought a few of pairs here, steel caps, hardwearing and sturdy, there was a guy set up a stall at a gas station in Chonburi and he let them go at 600-650 Baht a pair. Caterpillar knock offs. Yep the steel caps work, as a Songtaew (people carrier pick up or Ute as you guys call them) ran over my left foot at the lights in Pattaya, no damage. Yes they are waterproof too, I treat them with an animal fat product you can get here every couple of months or so.

Have a great time mate as I have a feeling your gonna be very sad after the next Ashes haha

Pommie Bustard

^^^very true, if its "work boots" and not riding boots you're looking for, you can buy them at MBK mall or Chatuchuk market for 600-700 baht. as for size i was referring to real riding boots, yeah, yer right, the others can be found in bigger sizes fairly easily. leather jackets with no armor can be had all over town.

Edited by Netfan

Siam Bootery & Louis' Bootery(sp?) opposite Sukhumvit Soi 19 make leather jackets but the leather isn't as good as what you'll find in Australia. I bought the leather for a jacket in Sydney then made it at one of those shops, can't remember which one as they're pretty close to each other, can't remember the price either but was under 5,000 for the tailoring.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was looking at buying over there, I am not going to ride over there, just thought it would be cheap for jackets, I was looking at riding boots, not work boots.

I dont need armor in the leather jacket although would be good. if I took a picture of a alpine star jacket to a tailor, could they replicate it? and at what price?

Cheers

Ryan

I was looking at buying over there, I am not going to ride over there, just thought it would be cheap for jackets, I was looking at riding boots, not work boots.

I dont need armor in the leather jacket although would be good. if I took a picture of a alpine star jacket to a tailor, could they replicate it? and at what price?

Cheers

Ryan

>6k in Phuket to make a crap one, with a fixed liner, shit zips, and no armour..

Real one from ebay 1/3 as much..

Cheers

Ryan

Thailand is really not know as a place for custom leather. Sure custom leather shops exists but you'd be better off buying a real jacket in Australia than some knock off here IMO.