Is Star Sports A Disgrace?

Wellington

Since 1992 we have looked forward to february/march because The Six Nations Rugby gives us weeks of pleasure

But I have searched the new "True Visions" (Ex UBC) programme and cannot find ONE SINGLE broadcast either live or recorded, of this important annual event

Why do Star broadcast ceaseless soccer,sometimes three channels at once, every day of the year, but completely ignore Rugby?

Did you ever consider that your sport of choice is NOT played in Thailand nor followed by the masses. As nice as it is to see white guys grubbing in the dirt, the interest is limited to a tiny, infinitesimal , audience. No commercial sponsorship the result. Get a grip and watch the insane madness of the like watching paint dry, sport of the unwashed, Football, or as you say, soccer. GOAL GAOL GOAL .

Over the last couple of years the rugby coverage has gone from bad to awful..

If there really is no 6 nations at all (and I am not sure on that) I will have the multichoice package put in.. I have been meaning to anyway and their sports coverage is simply so much better..

What its got to do with you what anybody wants to watch and is prepared for??

Did you ever consider that your sport of choice is NOT played in Thailand nor followed by the masses. As nice as it is to see white guys grubbing in the dirt, the interest is limited to a tiny, infinitesimal , audience. No commercial sponsorship the result. Get a grip and watch the insane madness of the like watching paint dry, sport of the unwashed, Football, or as you say, soccer. GOAL GAOL GOAL .

Hallo Trick Cyclist,

cable companies here in Thailand are something like "islands", i.e. they are not connected to eachother. Here in Patong for example we have 2 cable companies. The only nationwide TV coverage is satellite tv (UBC/True). Best if you enquire around in your area and try to find your local cable provider.

Rugby Union is played in Thailand and they have their own national team.

Thai terrestrial tv even screens the occasional game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_in_Thailand

Multichoice from SA shows plenty of rugby. This is the feed that the cable companies show.

I have Multichoice direct, i.e. not through local cable providers (who have a tendency to switch channels whenever they feel like it). Super Sports 1 is typically the channel for Rugby/Cricket, but they extend the number of Super Sport channels depending on the number of live coverage events they wish to broadcast. For example, Super Sports 3 is the normal live football channel, however depending on the number of English premiership games being played simultaneously, that can be extended to Super Sport 4/5/6/7 etc. Additional advantage is that commentary is in good English.

I have Multichoice direct, i.e. not through local cable providers (who have a tendency to switch channels whenever they feel like it). Super Sports 1 is typically the channel for Rugby/Cricket, but they extend the number of Super Sport channels depending on the number of live coverage events they wish to broadcast. For example, Super Sports 3 is the normal live football channel, however depending on the number of English premiership games being played simultaneously, that can be extended to Super Sport 4/5/6/7 etc. Additional advantage is that commentary is in good English.

Pagallim,

Can you please provide a few more details of how you get this direct? Is it a dish install etc from on e of the local shops and is there a card and monthly subscription?

Many thanks

:) What a d--kh--d ! Just go to the Rugby 7's in Hong Kong and you'll see the Thais have a huge following each year. In Thailand every university and all the armed forces play Rugby, but you wouldn't know that would you, it being a gentlemen's game ?

:) What a d--kh--d ! Just go to the Rugby 7's in Hong Kong and you'll see the Thais have a huge following each year. In Thailand every university and all the armed forces play Rugby, but you wouldn't know that would you, it being a gentlemen's game ?

Rugby following in Thailand is incredibly small. Way way behind so many other sports in terms of interest. For many Thais it wouldn't simply be a case of not being interested, it would be a case of having no idea what the sport was. Much the same with cricket.

And I don't know about the armed forces, but i can assure you every University in Thailand does not play rugby. Don't know where you got this idea from?

P.S. Gentleman I know don't go around calling others "dickheads"

Edited by rixalex

Well it gave the kick I have been needing to solve the iPlayer issues.. Watched the Wales game earlier.. Now downloading the nature documentaries in HighDef and a stack of UK shows.. BBC has so much.. Not even tried 4oD and the rest of them yet.

Rugby following in Thailand is incredibly small. Way way behind so many other sports in terms of interest. For many Thais it wouldn't simply be a case of not being interested, it would be a case of having no idea what the sport was. Much the same with cricket.

And I don't know about the armed forces, but i can assure you every University in Thailand does not play rugby. Don't know where you got this idea from?

The vast majority of countries in Europe neither know or care about rugby or cricket. Globally both sports have a very limited number of countries that are interested. :D

Edited by salty

I agree