Are You Confident In Thailand's Leadership?

george

Are you confident in Thailand's leadership?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thais confident in country's leadership

BANGKOK: -- Thai people across the country are confident in the Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's leadership and his government, according to the late opinion poll released on Wednesday.

People interviewed by the Suan Dusit pollsters said they were pleased with the government's performance in tackling narcotic drugs, influential figures and poverty.

But they were unhappy with the government’s failure to control the rising prices of consumer goods and the increasing cost of living.

''People's trust in the government has declined compared to last month in several areas, including national security, terrorism, higher living costs, public safety, corruption, politicians' behaviour and national unity,'' the Suan Dusit Poll director, Sukhum Chalaeysap told TNA.

The poll found the opposition Democrats had also gained its popularity in the past month largely because of the changes in party leadership.

Most people, with an income of less than 5,000 baht a month now had more confidence in the government, according to the survey. And most of them live in the country’s north-eastern region, the poll found.

People surveyed in the South surveyed had least confidence in the government, Mr. Sukhum said.

The monthly Suan Dusit Poll on public confidence in Thai politics was conducted between 29-30 April, when nearly six thousand people across the country were interviewed.

Trust and confidence in both the government and the opposition increased compared to the previous month. This monthly survey of Thai politics was first of its kind in Thailand, and its evaluation methods were extremely reliable, according to the poll’s chief.

--TNA 2005-05-04

BANGKOK: -- Thai people across the country are confident in the Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's leadership and his government, according to the late opinion poll released on Wednesday.

They aint down in the south :o

The Thai Governments policies seems to be based on knee jerk reactions and greed - Not much different to governments the world over.

Without efficient infrastucture Thailand is not going anywhere. Tourism is not the answer.

...its evaluation methods were extremely reliable, according to the poll’s chief. 

Well the concluding sentence is based on a sample of one person, who just happens to be the most biased one... How about a poll: are you confident in Suan Dusit polls?

Getting back to the subject, how confident are you in this govt, relative to the one before? Or the one that was responsible for the '97 economic crash?

...its evaluation methods were extremely reliable, according to the poll’s chief. 

Well the concluding sentence is based on a sample of one person, who just happens to be the most biased one... How about a poll: are you confident in Suan Dusit polls?

Getting back to the subject, how confident are you in this govt, relative to the one before? Or the one that was responsible for the '97 economic crash?

2 points...

1-before 1992 leaderships changed by way of coup every 4 years. knowing this fact, I would have to say that those leaderships including the current one are a step forward. they may not be perfect. but they are definitely an improvement.

2-I have already forgotten much of the 97 economic crash. but as I recall, the main reason why it occurred was because of a man named george soros. in his greed, he was ready to destroy the economy of a many countries just to increase his wealth. ..some people say he was smart because he was able to do what he did. it is a weakness of the system to not realized the crimes he has committed. to not bring him to justice. by the way, does anyone know where he lives?

2-I have already forgotten much of the 97 economic crash.  but as I recall, the main reason why it occurred was because of a man named george soros.  in his greed, he was ready to destroy the economy of a many countries just to increase his wealth.  ..some people say he was smart because he was able to do what he did.  it is a weakness of the system to not realized the crimes he has committed. to not bring him to justice.  by the way, does anyone know where he lives?

Well he lives in the US.

Making him responsible of the 97 crash is highly questionnable, but I'm not sure this topic is the right place to debate about this :o

Concerning this government I'm highly confident it will do all it can to increase the personal fortune of its members :D

In the time I've lived here, I've seen 9 governments. History says that we can be confident in The Kingdom, but not the governments.

It is my dream to see Khun Anand Panyarachun or Khun Surin Pitsuwan elected as PM. :D

Or myself. :o

All will likely remain a dream :D

LOL! :D Since I am an American I don't want to get into American bashing but I DO see lots of things I don't like and don't agree with. I also see many things here the same way. I'm very happy that I was born in the USA and made enough money to be able to leave and retire here. :D

I have as much confidence in this government as I have in my own US government.

So your saying we're doomed then? :o

LOL!  :D  Since I am an American I don't want to get into American bashing but I DO see lots of things I don't like and don't agree with. I also see many things here the same way. I'm very happy that I was born in the USA and made enough money to be able to leave and retire here.  :D
I have as much confidence in this government as I have in my own US government.

So your saying we're doomed then? :o

Am an American also, but the nice thing is we can critize out gov't all we want. The wonders of free speech. Wish they had more here and did not muzzle to press and let the academics offer their ideas and critiques of gov't policies.

Rather scary when their is only one voice for any problem that pops here, Thaksin.

What good are all the various ministers, when only Thaksin can respond to any issues the come up regarding problems.

Poor Thaksin, what a burden it must be to have to do everything. Guess he has no faith in delgating any duties and responsibilties to any of his party members.

I beleive that many of Thaksins policies will cost the Thai people millions of dollars in the furture and have achieved little to improve the lives of the Thai people, execpt for his cronies in the govt.

Am an American also, but the nice thing is we can critize out gov't all we want. The wonders of free speech. Wish they had more here and did not muzzle to press and let the academics offer their ideas and critiques of gov't policies.

Rather scary when their is only one voice for any problem that pops here, Thaksin.

What good are all the various ministers, when only Thaksin can respond to any issues the come up regarding problems.

Poor Thaksin, what a burden it must be to have to do everything. Guess he has no faith in delgating any duties and responsibilties to any of his party members.

I beleive that many of Thaksins policies will cost the Thai people millions of dollars in the furture and have achieved little to improve the lives of the Thai people, execpt for his cronies in the govt.

Agree that freedom of speech is not great here (although it's independently assessed as being better than any other ASEAN country.)

However freedom of speech is a separate issue from asking if we have confidence in their ability to govern.

I really haven't been following the politics of Thailand as I only live here 6 months out of the year but came accross an interesting web site which seems to sum up the politcal problems facing Thailand. Check it out if you want.

http://asian-links.com/larry/

It's under the heading "Thailands Problem"

I'm sorry if I seem naive on the subject so maybe some of you can read it and tell me if the guy is biased or not. Seemed straight up to me. Doesn't paint a pretty picture. Cheers :o

I really haven't been following the politics of Thailand as I only live here 6 months out of the year but came accross an interesting web site which seems to sum up the politcal problems facing Thailand. Check it out if you want.

I'm sorry if I seem naive on the subject so maybe some of you can read it and tell me if the guy is biased or not. Seemed straight up to me. Doesn't paint a pretty picture. Cheers  :D

"Thailand's Big Problem", actually.

That page is now a few years out of date, but the information may still be of use to you in getting an idea of what goes on around here. I'll venture to say not much has changed except for some names of players. Looking beyond the seriousness, I find much of the stuff quite amusing and entertaining. A good attitude if you want to live here, I think :o

I'll get around to doing some updating soon, I hope :D

"larry"

I'm sorry if I seem naive on the subject so maybe some of you can read it and tell me if the guy is biased or not. Seemed straight up to me. Doesn't paint a pretty picture. Cheers  :D

"Thailand's Big Problem", actually.

That page is now a few years out of date, but the information may still be of use to you in getting an idea of what goes on around here. I'll venture to say not much has changed except for some names of players. Looking beyond the seriousness, I find much of the stuff quite amusing and entertaining. A good attitude if you want to live here, I think :o

I'll get around to doing some updating soon, I hope :D

"larry"

Ah.. i had a feeling it was you. Great web site and yes, please update. Great recipes by the way. you seem like a good guy. hope I can meet you sometime. good to see people like you are doing good work in Thailand. cheers :D

Previous election (when TRT was elected fisrt), I saw the members of the party giving one plastic boot (only the left one) to farmers and promise to give the other one in case they will be elected. They did.

Of course, I'm confident in such a great gouvernement and educated elector.

I still reckon the leadership in Thailand is better economicly than any other SE Asian country.

Jeez look at the massive corruption still in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Start the day by not staring at the sun. :o

Ma says the same thing.....

The PM was somewhere in the cabinet wasn't he b4 the economic crisis. There's also a minister known to be quite directly connected to the 97 crisis currently in the govt--can't remember the guy's name.....

No.  I am not confdent.

If and when the current beloved King passes away, I think there will much trouble here.

Edited by bangkokian

Dont know much about the guys political sympathies.

But this book is worth amazoning

You cant buy it in Thailand I am told

The Revolutionary King

William Stevenson.

I found it an interesting read.

Helps you put some things in a context.

Is it the right one?

So does anyone have any constructive input on alternate options??

back to the generals clique who will kindly repatriate all the moneys in their Swiss banks to help the poor??

Seems like an unbiased account of things. Makes recent times seem a bit quiet and dull by comparision :o